Levein at his lowest point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Sharapova said:
Ahem, we do - I'm old enough to remember - and I was there, relying on another result on the last day to avoid relegation to the ( then ) third division. Was it the middle 80's? - Webbo will know.

That was under David Pleat and he didn't leave till the season was over. That was the worst time i ever had watching City in the last 50 years followed by the dismantling MON team by w****r Taylor. He said he took us to top of the premier but what he failed to say was that was with MON team.

Bilborough Fox said:
the top of the premier
:icon_sad: :icon_sad: Doesn't seem like it ever happened....

MKFox said:
:icon_sad: :icon_sad: Doesn't seem like it ever happened....
It will happen again oneday.

Bilborough Fox said:
That was under David Pleat and he didn't leave till the season was over. That was the worst time i ever had watching City in the last 50 years followed by the dismantling MON team by w****r Taylor. He said he took us to top of the premier but what he failed to say was that was with MON team.

Pleat left in January following a 3-1 defeat to Blackburn when the crowd was really on his back. Gordon Lee took us to safety with Rooster Russell coming good and scoring some vital goals, before Tony James and THAT Oxford match. The Brian Little came in and the rest is history.

And it was supposed to never happen again

Last edited:
glyn said:
Pleat left in January following a 3-1 defeat to Blackburn when the crowd was really on his back. Gordon Lee took us to safety with Rooster Russell coming good and scoring some vital goals, before Tony James and THAT Oxford match. The Brian Little came in and the rest is history.

And it was supposed to never happen again

Tony James was not a roaring success here but he made himself a true Leicester hero that day. Probaly one of the most important goals scored in our history.

Brauny Blue said:
Tony James was not a roaring success here but he made himself a true Leicester hero that day.

James was already a successful and popular player - he won player of the season that year, and that was nothing to do with the Oxford game because the votes were in before that match.

glyn said:
Gordon Lee took us to safety

Although things didn't really improve under him. The players attitudes changed for the better, and so did the crowd's, but results didn't improve. We finished lower in the table than we were when Pleat left.

webmaster said:
James was already a successful and popular player - he won player of the season that year, and that was nothing to do with the Oxford game because the votes were in before that match.

From what I remember, Delbert was a decent centre half, who always seemed to do ok, in fact at centre half with Walshy we were quite strong. I think the problem we suffered from at that time was the rest of the side was shite, although strangely the following season Brian Little did seem to get a decent response out of quite a few of the players who did survive the Pleat regime.

I dont think he was, I am 99.9% sure it was Tony James, because of his the little tache and the hairstyle he had made him look like Lenny Henry's character, but I will bow to your superior knowledge.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I dont think he was, I am 99.9% sure it was Tony James, because of his the little tache and the hairstyle he had made him look like Lenny Henry's character, but I will bow to your superior knowledge.

I'm 100% certain you're wrong :icon_bigg

Redditch Fox said:
I sense that we are in unchartered territory with this board where they don't have the will because of shortage of resources and lack of any real leadership to address situations in the way you would have expected.

In this sort of climate i believe Levein will be allowed to carry on to the point where is situation is so untenable that action cannot be avoided - alternatively they allow him to soldier on to the end of the season when they have to face up to what to do about selling tickets for next season.....and then they have a real problem.

:038: :038:

You talk about an invisable board, and I think there lies the problem, who can name a few directors let alone the chairman. Do we have a chairman and who is it?:102: :102: :102:

webmaster said:

Must have been the best of a bad bunch then. I was an ever present down Filbo at that time and don't recall him being anything special. Never in the same mould as Walsh or Elliott imo.

Brauny Blue said:
Tony James was not a roaring success here but he made himself a true Leicester hero that day. Probaly one of the most important goals scored in our history.

He wasn't the worst Centre Half we've had by a long way but became very injury prone and his career when down hill for me when he formed Sigue Sigue Sputnik....

Brauny Blue said:
Must have been the best of a bad bunch then. I was an ever present down Filbo at that time and don't recall him being anything special. Never in the same mould as Walsh or Elliott imo.

At that time he played alongside Walsh, and he was probably a better player than Walsh that season. I think it's only his injuries that stopped him becoming a legend for more than just the Oxford goal.

webmaster said:
At that time he played alongside Walsh, and he was probably a better player than Walsh that season. I think it's only his injuries that stopped him becoming a legend for more than just the Oxford goal.

Your opinion of course:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670