Levein on defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kam

Levein on Sheff Utd game says:

After doing all the right things we committed too many people forward and that cost us the first goal. That is a little bit disappointing. We got too eager and carried away and it cost us.

ACCORDING TO RADIO WE DIDN'T HAVE A SHOT ON TARGET

In general I wasn't too disappointed with any of the members of the team other than Keith Gillespie.

THAT COMMENT IS NOT BACKED UP BY THE PLAYER RATINGS OF THOSE THAT WENT

Scottish football must be worse then I thought!

kam said:
Levein on Sheff Utd game says:

After doing all the right things we committed too many people forward and that cost us the first goal. That is a little bit disappointing. We got too eager and carried away and it cost us.

ACCORDING TO RADIO WE DIDN'T HAVE A SHOT ON TARGET

In general I wasn't too disappointed with any of the members of the team other than Keith Gillespie.

THAT COMMENT IS NOT BACKED UP BY THE PLAYER RATINGS OF THOSE THAT WENT

Scottish football must be worse then I thought!

Kam, why have you such a downer on our new manager, if the current squad had been any good then a certain Mr Adams would never have left, remember when MON was manager he was allowed to spend nearly 2m on Steve Claridge, Neil Lennon and also bought in Muzzy and Julian Watts on loan, and what a difference those 4 players made that season.

At present CL has been allowed to bring in a keeper on loan and only because it was an emergency. Just think of the difference 3 or 4 outfield players would make at the moment, especially when they would be players suited to CL's tactics.

We all know we havent a pot to piss in, and yet people still expect the manager to miraculously turn it around, this is Micky's team, and it still isnt performing. CL could solve it quite easily by sacking everyone who isnt up to the job, but we have no money to replace them so we are stuck unless we can wheel and deal or wait until the summer and start again. Also with many players in the twilight of there careers, or out of contract in the summer there is little or no motivation in the side, most of these players know they won't be here....therefore dont give a toss.

Be paitent it will take time. But I believe we still have the right manager, give him time to build the right squad.

I just was hopeful of seeing a better reaction from him

His interviews / quotes do not inspire confidence

kam said:
I just was hopeful of seeing a better reaction from him

His interviews / quotes do not inspire confidence

I understand your fustration, but in the present climate and circumstances CL has to make sure he does not alienate himself and lose the dressing room, I am sure if he had room to maneouvre in the transfer market and more flexibility then you would hear his true feelings.

IMO the current level of performances and results will be hurting Levein deeply, but he has to make sure the team stick together until he can make changes. Slagging off the team and making empty threats will just make the situation worse.

If the board can make some funds available and also maybe allow some of the big earners to leave in the transfer window for modest fees then we may see a different team and possibly a less political post match reaction from the manager.

Be paitent he is at present managing with both hands tied behind his back.

I agree, CL has to make do and mend, and has very little option, he cant buy players, he may find a loan or free but it looks like the club aint got the money available for that. He has tried nearly every configeration of players and none are producing the results. He cant make a silk purse from a pigs ear.
As for people not liking his comments, you can not expect him or any good manager to slag the players in puplic, I have no doubt he will lay into them behind closed doors but the last thing he needs is to loss the changing room the way MA did, and making comment that put the players down in puplic is a sure fire way of lossing the changing room.

Accept we are not going up this season and give him the time he needs and support him while he build up the club.
He will give us the result we want. I am sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670