Levein on radio says:

Status
Not open for further replies.

kam

Gillespie sending off cost us 3 points

If we continue to play as we did today we'll do well

Looking forward to those that went discussing the above, as listening on the radio we sounded appalling

so is Levein a prat???

kam said:

Looking forward to those that went discussing the above, as listening on the radio we sounded appalling

so is Levein a prat???

:roll: Get a grip old boy. He cannot afford to alienate the players as that is all he has to work with at the moment.CL is between a rock and a hard place with few friends at the moment. He needs our support please and not questions posed by the poster. :wink:

If you want to rant at someone at the moment, rant at PT, MA and the Board old and new. As in that ABC thread, the O is for MON and the failure by the Club to build on his success. :? :? :evil:

Steven said:
kam said:

so is Levein a prat???

:roll: Get a grip old boy. He cannot afford to alienate the players as that is all he has to work with at the moment.CL is between a rock and a hard place with few friends at the moment. He needs our support please and not questions posed by the poster. :wink:

If you want to rant at someone at the moment, rant at PT, MA and the Board old and new. As in that ABC thread, the O is for MON and the failure by the Club to build on his success. :? :? :evil:

No, I want to see evidence of insight, I want to see evidence that he's strong enough to make change

I don't want platitudes

kam said:
Steven said:
kam said:

so is Levein a prat???

No, I want to see evidence of insight, I want to see evidence that he's strong enough to make change

I don't want platitudes

I agree 100%, but I think I will give him more time than perhaps you might. :wink:

We're 19th based on last 8 games; 15th overall and 8 points away from the unthinkable.

We need strong leadership and truth, I thought we'd got that in Levein but he seems to be taking the Adams route.

Next week: that's not a Craig Levein side out there

i'll give him until the end of next season. he's inherited so much poo, but we should stay up this year ( :shock: ).
next season he should start to make his mark bringing in players that suit his style of football, which did work at hearts.
More to the point, will he stay, and how much does he regret coming to us?? :cry:

Absolutely terrible...with no threat in the final third of the pitch. It seemed to me that Sheff U would have won...Gillespie or not, they were on top all game.

If we continue as we currently are, we WILL achieve something. Namely the worst goalscoring partnership in the league. Terrible, absolutely terrible. No commitment, no nothing, just poor...very very poor.

What more can I say. When we had MON we were strong - Izzet, Savage, Lennon, Heskey, Colleymore (for a while at least), Elliot & Taggart in their prime....Now that is all undone and we are back where we were even before Brian Little took over

Face it...Leicester are once again....

Sh*t!

MKFox said:
i'll give him until the end of next season. he's inherited so much poo, but we should stay up this year ( :shock: ).
next season he should start to make his mark bringing in players that suit his style of football, which did work at hearts.
More to the point, will he stay, and how much does he regret coming to us?? :cry:

I agree

I thought after the first few games we were going somewhere but then we've gone back to an Adams team.

I don't understand the direction we're taking and I'm becoming extremely worried

Worst thing is that it has all been undone in 4 years

4 years!!!!! :evil: Feck it all!

fecking annoying isn't it? :evil:
when will be be involved in a major european competition again? :cry:

And I know its been said to death, but our home form is a disgrace...Its relegation form. How long can we keep going as a team that can't win at home.

Its all well and good saying weeks ago that it needs to change, but what has actually changed about it. The players still don't give a Sh*t. They are the poorest group I have had to watch in a long time...its so painful to watch people who just don't care, whilst sitting next to people who can't be bothered to support.

Sorry for the rant! I'm just so dissapointed. I could accept it if the players cared, or tried just a little. But there is nothing there, and I don't see how it will change! Disgraceful!!!

SilverFox said:
And I know its been said to death, but our home form is a disgrace...Its relegation form. How long can we keep going as a team that can't win at home.

Its all well and good saying weeks ago that it needs to change, but what has actually changed about it. The players still don't give a Sh*t. They are the poorest group I have had to watch in a long time...its so painful to watch people who just don't care, whilst sitting next to people who can't be bothered to support.

Sorry for the rant! I'm just so dissapointed. I could accept it if the players cared, or tried just a little. But there is nothing there, and I don't see how it will change! Disgraceful!!!

Understand your disapointment.
We missed a great chance against rov.27000 turn up ,a few goals against a poor side, 3pts, and a bit of optimism.Instead complete dross and 2 poor defeats to follow.
How many season ticket holders do we have ?
Will be interesting to see how many bother for the qpr game.I am starting to think that even some of our hardcore support will be finding better things to do with their time than watch this manure.

MKFox said:

In reality, CL is unproven in a competitive league. However, I agree -firstly that we are most unlikely to be relegated and secondly that he needs to be judged on progress made next season.

However, two points: first it has been obvious since the start of the season that Adams had got in a real load of old rubbish -and I said that; secondly don't burden CL with unreal expectations for next season -there is a total re-build job necessary and this is not going to be made easier with the certain collapse of ST sales -not helped by alienation caused by the crude money grabbing tactics from the commercial side of LCFC -which will certainly back fire when good will is needed at the end of this dreadful (non) season
& seasonal greetings to you all from the Costa Blanca!

levein on radio

Redditch Fox wrote:
However, I agree -firstly that we are most unlikely to be relegated and secondly that he needs to be judged on progress made next season.

What makes people think that we are to good to go down.
Manchester city, Sunderland, Qpr, Wolves, Sheff Wed,W Brom, Stoke all fair size clubs that have gone down to that level.
We have a proud history of never being out of the top 2 divisions.Sadly history counts for nothing.

Re: levein on radio

Brauny Blue said:
Redditch Fox wrote:
However, I agree -firstly that we are most unlikely to be relegated and secondly that he needs to be judged on progress made next season.

What makes people think that we are to good to go down.
Manchester city, Sunderland, Qpr, Wolves, Sheff Wed,W Brom, Stoke all fair size clubs that have gone down to that level.
We have a proud history of never being out of the top 2 divisions.Sadly history counts for nothing.

Expectations have changed in a very short time; we're only 8 points away at the moment and not exactly lookin like we're going to pick points up easily

Levein

Can't win at home.
Can't score goals.
W ham, Sunderland, Ipswich, Reading all to play away.
The future is not bright,the future is scary. :roll:

Can I just say this, I know lots of people might disagree with me here, but the one person that has led us to being what we are today is...Martin O'Neill. I know the guy was fantastic leading us to promotion and 2 league cups, but when he went he took 2 of our most influential players, who we haven't been able to replace. Lennon was the heart of the team, he was our version of Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira etc. and Steve Guppy was an England midfielder who since his depature, we haven't had a half decent left winger who puts in good crosses like he did. As soon as we lost these our midfield looked lost, even with Savage, Izzet et al.

:roll:

What the hell can Levein do at the minute, the board wont give him any money, so most of the players are now sat there knowing they are in a comfort zone, they also know they are very unlikely to be here next season so probably could not give a shit about us and are more interested in lining up there move for next season.

We are in a catch 22 situation, no money, ageing demotivated squad, the only way to change things is to throw in the youngsters but you then need paitence and also it can destroy confidence if results go against you. But I would like to see CL shake up a few ego's and I would like to see the following team play over the next few games.

Taylor

Stearman
Keown
Heath
Stewart

Gillespie (When not suspended )
Williams
Dawson
Morris ( Would like to see new player in on loan )

Connolly
Wright

Subs

Pressman
Dublin
Porter
Gudjonnson
O'Grady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts