Liam Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had by far his poorest game against Burnley. Hoping that goal (he wasn't great on Croatia's goal) gives me a bit of a boost.

How intrinsic is your confidence to how well Liam performs?!...

If we'd have all known that, maybe we'd have been really nice to you prior to all our matches.

Maybe.

How intrinsic is your confidence to how well Liam performs?!...

If we'd have all known that, maybe we'd have been really nice to you prior to all our matches.

Maybe.
Hazzman for Poster of The Year!

Hope that helps.

The rumour mill has him as a £10m target for Aresenal and Man City in January.

The rumour mill has him as a £10m target for Aresenal and Man City in January.

Double it and they might be close*

*Purely based on the price of other young English defenders this summer (including a fat one from Soton to Utd)

Lazy journalism as usual. The journos have just noticed him as he is now playing for a prem club, seen he plays for the England U21's,and worked on the basis that the top teams have to fill their English playing staff quota. They've then picked a random two teams out of the top six.

I've not been impressed by him at all this season.

Morgan is largely defending well. He's positioning is good and he blocks and challenges well. Moore looks the part but actually makes some pretty poor decisions every game. When there is a gap between the centre backs, it's because of him. His marking at set pieces is terrible. He could easily have been sent off twice too. He does do some excellent things in matches, but he's also still got loads to learn and isn't adapting well enough so far this season.

There is no doubt that Moore lept forward as a player at the start of last season. However, he's not kicked on again since. I'd love him to, but I really don't see him as a top class player in the making.

Young English players are only available at a significant premium for the top clubs. I think Southampton exploited this magnificently. Our squad is already substantially English and so we can do the same. Sell high and replace for less with better.

I've not been impressed by him at all this season.

Morgan is largely defending well. He's positioning is good and he blocks and challenges well. Moore looks the part but actually makes some pretty poor decisions every game. When there is a gap between the centre backs, it's because of him. His marking at set pieces is terrible. He could easily have been sent off twice too. He does do some excellent things in matches, but he's also still got loads to learn and isn't adapting well enough so far this season.

There is no doubt that Moore lept forward as a player at the start of last season. However, he's not kicked on again since. I'd love him to, but I really don't see him as a top class player in the making.

Young English players are only available at a significant premium for the top clubs. I think Southampton exploited this magnificently. Our squad is already substantially English and so we can do the same. Sell high and replace for less with better.

Yes nothing is more certain than any player at any club is buyable - if the money is right.

With a young English player on a longish contract there is a perfect opportunity to sell over the odds - particularly if (allegedly) two mega rich clubs are interested.

He's not really been playing the Premier League long enough to prove himself at this level. I don't think this is something we need to worry about. As things are, he'd probably stay if we got relegated.

There's a tendency among fans to think their own young English players are better than they are. I remember in the early part of the 2009/10 season my dad saying we could lose Matt Fryatt to a Premier League team. I said that playing well for a few months in the second tier does not mean that offers from top clubs will suddenly come flooding in.

As much as i rate Liam i doubt hes ready for the step up to "Champions League Level", he is progressing well as/where he is. Although he is "one of our own" so was Lineker and Heskey and the financial rewards nowadays are ridiculous.

As much as i rate Liam i doubt hes ready for the step up to "Champions League Level", he is progressing well as/where he is. Although he is "one of our own" so was Lineker and Heskey and the financial rewards nowadays are ridiculous.
I think "you're right".

I don't think for a second that one of the mega rich players would buy him on the basis of a regular first team place - he would be 'one for the future'. From a player's point of view it would be largely about money before regular first team football.

We have no means of evaluating how much weight is in this speculation - I just think that there is scope here for a financial win if it happened.

If Arsenal or Man City don't take a look at him then I would blame racism as the number one factor in the decision.

Last edited:
If Arsenal or Man City don't take a look at him then I would blame racism as the number one factor in the decision.

If we sell him I would blame racism as the number one factor in our decision.

:icon_wink
So we can't sell him, but we can't keep him either. He'd have to retire. Now, that's racism!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669