Lil signs for the Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I read in the program that he intended to retire! Oh well, good luck to him. Why MA & DB spent two years tracking him I will never know!

I wouldn't have thought Nalis would have been in the mould of what Neil Warnock wanted. i.e. skin head thug.

So much for going back to France for family reasons

Once a long haired feckless french fop, always a long haired feckless french fop

Warnock must be getting desperate

good luck Lilian, decent enough player.

Sheffield United have begun their summer player recruitment by agreeing terms with tall French midfielder Lilian Nalis.

The 33 year old joined Leicester City almost two years ago from Serie A side Chievo and made 43 league starts for the Foxes last season.

Neil Warnock returned to Sheffield from Spain and confirmed the deal: "I am delighted to announce that after extensive talks Lilian has agreed to join us for next season.

"He is the type of midfielder I have been looking to sign since Stuart McCall stopped playing - the right age, the right temperament and I think he'll make us a better team."

Sources in the Midlands suggest that the highly rated Nalis is the victim of cost cutting by Leicester City where Craig Levein is having to rebuild his own squad.

Warnock, who is currently very active pursuing other targets this week, added: "Leicester's financial situation means he is one of a number of players being released. Having spoken to Lilian at length he sees the challenge here as exciting and, being aware of a number of our players, he is looking forward to joining our squad in pre-season."

??

agreeing terms with tall French midfielder Lilian Nalis.

What a strange thing to say

Not "skilful French midfielder", "gifted French midfielder" or "tenacious French midfielder"

But simply "tall French midfielder"

Says it all, really

homer said:

Not "skilful French midfielder", "gifted French midfielder" or "tenacious French midfielder"

Says it all, really

He's not even tall. If that's the best thing they can come up with he might as well have retired.

lcfcrules said:
Sheffield United have begun their summer player recruitment by agreeing terms with tall French midfielder Lilian Nalis.

The 33 year old joined Leicester City almost two years ago from Serie A side Chievo and made 43 league starts for the Foxes last season.

Neil Warnock returned to Sheffield from Spain and confirmed the deal: "I am delighted to announce that after extensive talks Lilian has agreed to join us for next season.

"He is the type of midfielder I have been looking to sign since Stuart McCall stopped playing -the right age, the right temperament and I think he'll make us a better team."

Sources in the Midlands suggest that the highly rated Nalis is the victim of cost cutting by Leicester City where Craig Levein is having to rebuild his own squad.

Warnock, who is currently very active pursuing other targets this week, added: "Leicester's financial situation means he is one of a number of players being released. Having spoken to Lilian at length he sees the challenge here as exciting and, being aware of a number of our players, he is looking forward to joining our squad in pre-season."
:? Didn't think he featured that much did he?

MKFox said:
lcfcrules said:

"He is the type of midfielder I have been looking to sign since Stuart McCall stopped playing -the right age, the right temperament and I think he'll make us a better team."

No he didnt, no where near.

Purely down to cost as to why we didn't keep him IMO.Not really that bothered,he played better towards the end of the season granted but a lot of the games he played in he was 'invisible' this season I believe.Anybody who wants to play under Warnock must be crazy but there you go..

"He is the type of midfielder I have been looking to sign since Stuart McCall stopped playing - the right age, the right temperament and I think he'll make us a better team."

and in what way is Nalis similar to McCall - long hair ?

Love the way Warnock is trying not to make it sound like he is signing a Leicester reject.

He's being accurate, though. It's a financial decision

We made the financial decision that we'd sooner piss all of our money away down the drain, or give it away to anyone that asks, than pay that long haried feckless french fop to do precisely f*ck all for another season

How many players does Warnock want anyway ? They must have a Squad of about 200....

homer said:
He's being accurate, though. It's a financial decision

We made the financial decision that we'd sooner piss all of our money away down the drain, or give it away to anyone that asks, than pay that long haried feckless french fop to do precisely f*ck all for another season

:lol: :lol: :lol:

homer said:

Says it all, really

I don't think it reflects on Nalis, it's more an indication of the way journalism works. The person who wrote the article presumably doesn't know a thing about Nalis, just some stats he's read on a website, so he hasn't got a clue what kind of player he is and can't be bothered / is too busy to find out.

webmaster said:
homer said:

Says it all, really

I don't think it reflects on Nalis, it's more an indication of the way journalism works. The person who wrote the article presumably doesn't know a thing about Nalis, just some stats he's read on a website, so he hasn't got a clue what kind of player he is and can't be bothered / is too busy to find out.

They should have let homer write it

'Sheffield Utd have agreed terms with the long haired french poof'

DurhamFox said:
MKFox said:
lcfcrules said:

No he didnt, no where near.

33 starts, 44 appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673