Line ups game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely disgraceful that no one got #1 tbh.

It's quite obviously a Leicester side. Late 40's and the lack of Don Revie (due to a nosebleed legend has it) means it is almost certainly the 49 cup final side.

edit: Ah, beaten to it. :(

Ah right, not sure why I should be ashamed not to know it though, am I not a proper fan cos I don't know the F&F off by heart?
(Or indeed give a toss?)

#10 is annoying me. Pradelli is throwing me, because I can't get past the idea that it's Cesare Prandelli, even though I know he wasn't a forward or a winger.

Last edited:
Ah right, not sure why I should be ashamed not to know it though, am I not a proper fan cos I don't know the F&F off by heart?
(Or indeed give a toss?)

I was only taking the piss. :icon_lol:

#5 looks like it might be the current Sampdoria side. Can't think of an individual fixture though.

Last edited:
If you get number 10 you're even better than I thought.

I don't know why you think I'm better than most, I'm useless at these. I only knew the Leicester and Germany sides. Didn't even get the Derby one. :icon_lol:

:102: Have you been drinking?

As I said, I'm useless. I just recognise a few individual names, but have trouble putting them in teams or fixtures.

I recognised the name Semioli from the current Sampdoria side and so just guessed. However, I should've realised that the lack of Rene Ziegler means it was unlikely to be a recent Sampdoria side.

Last edited:
No.9 is a late 80s/90s German side. It could even possibly be the last East German international 11?

10. Could be the Italian side who played either Notts COunty/Port Vale in the Anglo-Italian cup finals. Bari rings a bell.

Last edited:
As I said, I'm useless. I just recognise a few individual names, but have trouble putting them in teams or fixtures.

I recognised the name Semioli from the current Sampdoria side and so just guessed. However, I should've realised that the lack of Rene Ziegler means it was unlikely to be a recent Sampdoria side.
Oh, I see what you've done. But no. Not even close. Not even the right continent.
No.9 is a late 80s/90s German side. It could even possibly be the last East German international 11?
Very good. Year?
10. Could be the Italian side who played either Notts COunty/Port Vale in the Anglo-Italian cup finals. Bari rings a bell.
No it couldn't. Jeff posted a clue earlier :icon_wink

Back to #5, wasn't Campos the goalkeeper for the Mexican national side for years? So I'll guess Mexico - France98 quarter final?

Last edited:
Campos? The very same. But no.

:icon_lol: Yeah, edited that when I realised. Have no idea what club sides he played for, so I have no idea who the line-up is if it's not the Mexican national side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710