Linked with him again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

The Burnley Footymad Website said:
Leicester City could be the club to offer midfielder Micah Hyde an opportunity to remain in the Championship having been linked with a move for him over the weekend.

The news follows on from Steve Cotterill admitting that he had received enquiries for all four of the players who have been transfer listed since the end of the season, and the Foxes are the first club to be publicly linked with a move for Micah.

Rob Kelly, who was confirmed as manager after a successful spell as caretaker, is looking to add some experience to his playing staff and suggestions are that he could make a move for Micah as early as this week as well as trying to sign Lincoln defender Gareth McAuley.

That adds to the recent interest in Gifton Noel-Williams from Brighton, Millwall and Plymouth, and Steve Cotterill said: “I’ve had enquiries from all four of the lads who are on the list but there’s nothing concrete as yet, so they could still end up staying and playing for Burnley next season.

“I had to make a difficult decision at the end of last season when I put them on the list and, for all their sakes, I hope they get something sorted out. They need to go and play regular first team football and, hand on heart, that was something that I couldn’t promise them.”

There hasn’t, as yet, been any confirmed enquiries for either Danny Karbassiyoon or Duane Courtney although it is believed a couple of lower division clubs in the north west could be keen on extending Danny K’s time in the area.

Source:- http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=284529

What do you reckon to him? Personally, I say no to him.

his 32 surely thats too old.

i've seen a few crackers one in the fa cup 2 seasons ago i can't remember who against, i think his a holding midfielder. a position we need 2 strengthen in so if his any good surely worth a good shout.

jessel said:
his 32 surely thats too old.

No, it's not too old if it's the right player.
But I doubt whether he is the right player.

Bloody hell, I dread to think what's going to happen if RK does sign someone over 30. :icon_roll

promising earlier in his career, but its all too late for him to kick start his career again, a bit of a negative signing if he does sign i reckon.

Just not good enough I'm afraid. We need someone to make a difference and not just sign journeymen to make up the numbers. Look again, Robert!

This is pure speculation, at the moment, could be a story leaked by Burnley to try and generate further interest in the player. Remember they want rid of him and maybe we have made a tentitive enquiry, which they are using to try and encourage other clubs to make a move.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
This is pure speculation, at the moment, could be a story leaked by Burnley to try and generate further interest in the player. Remember they want rid of him and maybe we have made a tentitive enquiry, which they are using to try and encourage other clubs to make a move.
Exactly. There's not enough cynicism on these forums at times....:icon_roll

We are only ever linked with Journeymen, the big name signings are very rarely forecasted

Plus, half the players we've signed recently have been complete surprises and hadn't even been rumoured to be rumours.

alex said:
Ahem, big name signings?
Dublin, Keown, Thatcher, Dabizas, Ferdinand have all been big name signings over recent years. I am not saying these were rumoured or not, just I would class these as big name signings for a club our size

A lot of the speculation is engineered by the Agents, keen to secure the best deal for their client. Look at Kenny Lunt, strongly linked to Wolves, Palace, Southampton and ourselves, where does he end up, Sheffield Wednesday.

As for Hyde, why would the specualtion come from Burnley, unless it is to rekindle other clubs interest, Burnley seem desperate to get shut and Hyde's agent will be desperate to secure a good deal for his client, so what better way to do that, than to announce another clubs interest.

Strange one for me, if the rumour turns out to be true.

Possible squad player to be called on when required ?

If however he is serious first team potential then RK's thinking and potential future should be questioned.

1966 said:
Strange one for me, if the rumour turns out to be true.

Possible squad player to be called on when required ?

If however he is serious first team potential then RK's thinking and potential future should be questioned.

Bloody hell, Kelly out already. Come on lets not over react, even if we do sign him, give the poor fecker a chance. Remember when we signed Billy McKinlay he was hardly a superstar signing, but he came in and did a fantastic job.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Bloody hell, Kelly out already. Come on lets not over react, even if we do sign him, give the poor fecker a chance. Remember when we signed Billy McKinlay he was hardly a superstar signing, but he came in and did a fantastic job.

My thinking exactly, its possible he could be exactly what we need to balance the midfield.

Melton Fox said:
We are only ever linked with Journeymen, the big name signings are very rarely forecasted

A midfield Journeyman is exactly what we need IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69