Linked with him again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Bloody hell, Kelly out already. Come on lets not over react, even if we do sign him, give the poor fecker a chance. Remember when we signed Billy McKinlay he was hardly a superstar signing, but he came in and did a fantastic job.
watch out a-z your praising micky adams-expect to be shot down soon ;)

it wouldnt be a sexy signing but look at Watfords central midfield last season.....nothing sexy there......we can't afford to be sexy......we need an experienced championship player who knows how to play the role of midfield anchorman.......

If we are going to sign a midfield journeyman then at least make it a good one, if not take a punt on potential.

I would prefer an older type of player personally, as long as of course he is a good. A Billy McKinlay type of signing would be perfect IMO, and I would argue he is and always has been a far better player than this guy.

We have had to suffer far too many bench warmers in the past few seasons who's wages have proved to be a complete waste of time.

Melton Fox said:
Dublin, Keown, Thatcher, Dabizas, Ferdinand have all been big name signings over recent years.

But at least half of them were no more than journeymen by the time we signed them!

I think i read that Billy McKinlay has only just retired. was still at fulham last season

IMO Hyde would be a good addition. We need somebody that will be a defensive midfielder and give Weso some advice.

Last edited:
Willlow said:
IMO Hyde would be a good addition. We need somebody that will be a defensive midfielder and give Weso some advice.
Bloody hell some sense at last.

It takes a while just lately round here, the first couple of pages are generally mad people then some sense starts to creap in. Lets think about it lads and lasses we have been talking about resigining lennon to control the midfield. he is an older player who can control the younger players. Hyde could be exactly this player. Maybe Lennon has said no for now and RK is looking around at other potentials to anker the midfiled and control the team from the centre of the park, something we are in desperate need of.

fcukcov said:

It takes a while just lately round here, the first couple of pages are generally mad people then some sense starts to creap in. Lets think about it lads and lasses we have been talking about resigining lennon to control the midfield. he is an older player who can control the younger players. Hyde could be exactly this player. Maybe Lennon has said no for now and RK is looking around at other potentials to anker the midfiled and control the team from the centre of the park, something we are in desperate need of.
i'm not usually the one to pick people up on spelling but that is rubbish!

fcukcov said:

I would go even further and say midfield anchor is the most important position we need to recruit for, the question mark surrounds wether this guy is the best we can get. I would suggest we should be able to attract better than someone who has played all of his career for Cambridge, Watford and Burnley, and better players will be transferred to championship clubs this summer.

Don't do it.

Nathan said:
I think i read that Billy McKinlay has only just retired. was still at fulham last season

As far as I know McKinlay is still at Fulham as their Reserve Team Manager. His last playing contract with them expired over a year ago.

Nathan said:
i'm not usually the one to pick people up on spelling but that is rubbish!
I remember Paul Anker...:icon_roll

OldGit said:
I'm a real Wanker:icon_roll
Oh, come on OG, look on the bright side, not long left now eh :icon_wink

True, I'm looking forward to the grim reaper (though not as much as some on this forum, judging by the cartoon I posted....

Does anybody know where Steffen Freund is now a days cause, when he was with us last time he looked very much like the player we need now.

:102: :102:

I thought he had retired V, but I suspect somebody will correct me

Yes he has. he was on "They Think its all Over" the other night

He is retired, he played in C5 Germany V England match. Before his latest 'celebrity' appearances, his last appearance was Old Trafford in the Spurs end.

I liked his East German joke on Friday night tho.

Hells bells theres enough here already chaps do we really need any more midfielders and back division players.
Those in charge of training 's got enough on their plates trying to teach the buggers we've already got, HOW TO DEFEND set pieces and corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00