Linux Install on PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many computers that you can buy in your local PC world, other PCs retailers are available kids, can connect directly to an average TV and stream movies off a hard drive?

Any of them, you simply need a VGA to Scart cable and away you go

Any of them, you simply need a VGA to Scart cable and away you go

That hasn't been my experience and picture quality will suffer if you did manage to get it working.
You also won't be able to network between PCs.

That hasn't been my experience and picture quality will suffer if you did manage to get it working.
You also won't be able to network between PCs.

My laptop connects quite happily to my TV (although this is via a vga port on the TV). I'm gonna try it with the scart lead as soon as it arrives.

The 360 is mine :icon_redf ,my kids want the PS3 ,thats why i asked ,soon many of there mates at school have PS3 and want to play each other :icon_wink

I wish them luck. If you manage to free all the required ports on your firewall for all the different games and then they actually manage to play online successfully without frame dropping, freezing, crashing etc etc etc etc etc then you will be doing very well.

Don't have much of a problem with the PS3 online. Admittedley it does not have the functions of Live to a degree with in game messaging and stuff which are due shortly in a future firmware update and it does not cost anything.

What the PS3 is missing is the online platform maker which is home that it how games are meant to be networked with the PSN.

Most of the games with issues are from lazy devs who make the game on the 360 and then port it across to the PS3. Both system are designed differently and they do not work well on the PS3 because of this. COD4, Burnout, Ratchet and Clank, RFOM, GT 5 Prolouge work with out framerate issues as they were coded for the PS3.

The PS3 can stream stuff from your PC with Media servers including Media Player 11 and since the PS3 have like the 360 allowed Divx files/codec to be played on the them.

Beforehand Linux awas a good bet due to the fact you could put players on Linux area that the PS3 would not have recognised and played Divx movies on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670