Lions To Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because this project includes more than a Speedway track, it includes various things such as a cycling velodrome, a community centre, BMX track, 12 5-a-side pitches and some more. Speedway is basically a turn-off for the council, every other times it's been proposed it's fell on it's arse, placing it in a project with the rest of this should provided a big enough attraction to approve.

The guy also spearheading the bid is bit of a big bollox in British Speedway and he's worked wonders at his current track King's Lynn - does a lot of community stuff which gets him in council's good books. He's the kind of bloke who can convince the councillors to proceed with planning permission - sadly they aren't many of these guys who have a big enough interest in Speedway - most promoters are charlatans who don't pay riders, don't improve the stadium and let bills go unpaid.

Because this project includes more than a Speedway track, it includes various things such as a cycling velodrome, a community centre, BMX track, 12 5-a-side pitches and some more. Speedway is basically a turn-off for the council, every other times it's been proposed it's fell on it's arse, placing it in a project with the rest of this should provided a big enough attraction to approve.

The guy also spearheading the bid is bit of a big bollox in British Speedway and he's worked wonders at his current track King's Lynn - does a lot of community stuff which gets him in council's good books. He's the kind of bloke who can convince the councillors to proceed with planning permission - sadly they aren't many of these guys who have a big enough interest in Speedway - most promoters are charlatans who don't pay riders, don't improve the stadium and let bills go unpaid.
But why will it never happen, ever, if this bid fails?

But why will it never happen, ever, if this bid fails?

Just going off the previous track record of bids before that's all. Leicester bids and elsewhere around the country. This bid has a lot going for it than others before and I think another one of these 'super sites' will be rare. Mainly because if PP is rejected, the other parties involved in the bid will go off and place a second pp without the Speedway. That's that site gone....and this site was only possibility identified after 10 year search in the city. There were rumours of possibilites around Quorn way.

However, the current set of councillors, a Labour majority is different to that of before. Although I don't think the Labour councillors will be here after the next election.

Very rare just a Speedway track gets PP, it's normally Greyhounds stadium where it's hosted these days.

Last edited:
Just going off the previous track record of bids before that's all. Leicester bids and elsewhere around the country. This bid has a lot going for it than others before and I think another one of these 'super sites' will be rare. Mainly because if PP is rejected, the other parties involved in the bid will go off and place a second pp without the Speedway. That's that site gone....and this site was only possibility identified after 10 year search in the city. There were rumours of possibilites around Quorn way.

However, the current set of councillors, a Labour majority is different to that of before. Although I don't think the Labour councillors will be here after the next election.

Very rare just a Speedway track gets PP, it's normally Greyhounds stadium where it's hosted these days.
I haven't got a clue what you just said.

The promoter claims in this weeks 'Speedway Star' that Leicester will be the best backed Speedway venture in the country. It has full support of the council and local PMs and ties in with Leicester's European Capital of Sport campaign in 2010. There is apparently a 100 page report on it.

There is apparently a 100 page report on it.
Only impressive if you know the relativity of it. ie size of the paper, size of the font, size of the spacing etc.

A 100 page document on a brand new speedway circuit sounds fcuk all to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669