Listening port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Major

Since updating U Torrent some months ago I haven't been able to download anything. I didn't really notice because I hardly ever download anything.

According to U Torrent the listening port is wrong. I have a Thompson Speedtouch 330 modem and I can't find the number I need. I've been on portforward and it doesn't even list my modem.

Can anyone help, please?

Since updating U Torrent some months ago I haven't been able to download anything. I didn't really notice because I hardly ever download anything.

According to U Torrent the listening port is wrong. I have a Thompson Speedtouch 330 modem and I can't find the number I need. I've been on portforward and it doesn't even list my modem.

Can anyone help, please?

I'm pretty sure you can't forward ports on a SpeedTouch 330

I thought you only needed to specify a port if you connect to the internet through a router. The SpeedTouch 330 is not a router, but an adsl modem. Has "Randomize port each time µTorrent starts." become unticked in Options > Preferences > Connections ?

I thought you only needed to specify a port if you connect to the internet through a router. The SpeedTouch 330 is not a router, but an adsl modem. Has "Randomize port each time µTorrent starts." become unticked in Options > Preferences > Connections ?

It had, I've ticked it but it hasn't helped.

I dont know whether this could be linked but I haven't been able to download from bit lord for a while. Could it be the ISP stopping the downloading?

Has "Randomize port each time µTorrent starts." become unticked in Options > Preferences > Connections ?

It'll be unchecked by default.

Which port is it set to use Major? Do you have a firewall running?

I dont know whether this could be linked but I haven't been able to download from bit lord for a while. Could it be the ISP stopping the downloading?

Most ISPs use Sandvine network management software which will throttle bittorrent connections, but not stop them completely

Most ISPs use Sandvine network management software which will throttle bittorrent connections, but not stop them completely

think that might be the case with mine.

Can anyone help, please?

Seeing as nobody seems to know the answer I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't work either. I've uninstalled it again. Can anyone recommend an alternative to U Torrent that would work?

Seeing as nobody seems to know the answer

Sorry Major, I'd forgotten about this thread

I have PC Tools firewall.The port is 46579(if that's what you mean)

Have you checked if PC Tools is blocking µTorrent?
It may be treating it as a new, unknown application since you updated it and it is precisely the type of program that can block ports.

Check the PC Tools configuration instead of just disabling it though.

Sorry Major, I'd forgotten about this thread

Have you checked if PC Tools is blocking µTorrent?
It may be treating it as a new, unknown application since you updated it and it is precisely the type of program that can block ports.

Check the PC Tools configuration instead of just disabling it though.

There's a warning triangle now where there used to be a red circle with an exclamation mark in it. It is downloading now though.
Thanks Macky.

Check your router firewall settings and also dont use port 6991 which is the utorrent default port because most public trackers block it, if you use an invite only private tracker then you will be fine:)

Anyway why do i get into trouble for talking about warez ?

Btw use
browse.php
best private site around :icon_bigg:icon_bigg 1000 seeders and like 5 leechers.

Last edited:
Because there are plenty of legitimate reasons for using bit torrents or torrent clients, some people use them purely as download managers.

Check your router firewall settings and also dont use port 6991 which is the utorrent default port because most public trackers block it, if you use an invite only private tracker then you will be fine:)

Nonsense. Do you even understand what you are saying?
And have you read the thread? He isn't using a router.

Anyway why do i get into trouble for talking about warez ?

Because it is against the site rules, as has been explained to you a tedious amount of times, but...erm...this thread has absolutely f*ck to do with 'warez' so I've no idea why you've even mentioned it.

Btw use https://www.revolutiontt.net/browse.php best private site around :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Why have you posted a link to it when you already know it's a private site?

1000 seeders and like 5 leechers.

You obviously have no idea what any of that actually means.

Nonsense. Do you even understand what you are saying?
And have you read the thread? He isn't using a router.

Because it is against the site rules, as has been explained to you a tedious amount of times, but...erm...this thread has absolutely f*ck to do with 'warez' so I've no idea why you've even mentioned it.

Why have you posted a link to it when you already know it's a private site?

You obviously have no idea what any of that actually means.
:bang::bang:

How do I in anyway say that i do not understand what seeders and leechers are. On private sites you have to seed to keep your ratio up, if you leech to much it comes with a ban, public trackers are full of leechers though:icon_bigg

Only need in reading the last few posts and the title.

If someone sees Utorrent mentioned mentioned they automatically think of downloads, eg. movies, games etc. Why the feck would you use it for anything else.

99.9% of people use utorrent, bitorrent for non-legal purposes.

One last point, why would you use utorrent as a download manager, when you have got the normal browser download managers, utorrent would be slower also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570