Local Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve berry

In the NE there is only one big Derby game that is the Skunks v SAFC. Middlesro don't come into the equation just ask any Skunk or SAFC fan.

Which begs my question are Coventry your Local rivals? I once recollect having a conversation witha Coventry fan who reckoned their local rivals were Villa?

Whats Leicesters big Derby game?

Cheers

Steve SAFC
FTM

Of recent years i would say the order of rivalry goes:

Derby
Forest
Coventry

Derby have been in the same division most seasons over the last 10-15 years. None of the above would consider Leicester their biggest rivals.

SamJ

I know that derby and forest consider themselves as rivals. As an outsider I would have guesed Coventry to be your fiercest rivals

steve safc
FTM

it depends were you come from, i live in rugby and detest cov,but over the last 2 seasons i have started to hate forest with passion,something to do with there arrogance,and there constant harping about winning trophies before most of us was born.

forest ****s. i ****ing hate the stupid inbred in the past twats. cant wait to get into them this season.
so many derbys for us, keeps it nice and fresh, always something to get excited about.

forest haters

I hate everyteam.......... That way you miss nobody out

Forest are always the team I think of first when I hear "derby", and this is reflected by all the songs we sing about hating Forest and not being mastered by no forest barstools, etc. It makes sense.

I'd say its a bit of a strange one at City for fiercest rival as everyone seems to have different preferences. SW Leicestershire hate Cov and at Highfield Rd, Cov were well up for it and approached it as their biggest game of the season.

The Derby thing seems to have calmed down in recent seasons, but still don't like them.

Don't like any West Mids clubs cos of the way they speak.

So it has to be Forest cos of the way they think they play superior football, are a bigger club and forget they have won f*ck all for years and years.

forest for me, hate them because they live on past glories, i have a mate who's a derby fan and he knows they're shite, i also have a mate who's a forest fan and he still goes on about the european cup and when they were good, tosser wasn't even born then!

There's a strong rivalry with Chelsea, funnily enough, a lot of hatred there...

Derby and Fo*** are both equal IMO and Covscum are emerging. i reckon you're right Steve and if we shared a division with Cov for a length of time then they would become our fiercest rivals....they're the closest after all..

ScarboroughFox said:
talking about teams we hate for some reason i cant stand West Ham..any one else in the same boat

Surely Millwall and Hull must be up there.

Yes, i hate West Ham too - too good to go down? Bollocks to that - wankers.

Joe_Fox said:
ScarboroughFox said:
talking about teams we hate for some reason i cant stand West Ham..any one else in the same boat

Surely Millwall and Hull must be up there.

Yes, i hate West Ham too - too good to go down? Bollocks to that - wankers.

If our home form carries on as it is our biggest local rival will be Hinckley United.

Working with cov scum, made me realise what a total bunch of ar*eholes they are.
IMO F****t have always been the team that most city fans like to beat,probaly down to the glory days under Cloughie.
In terms of distance cov is the closer, but we never chant any anti cov songs because they are west midlands and never get any coverage on local tv, unlike F****t and the sheep.

Thanks for that information there's obviously no main rival.

Strange, i couldn't really imagine life withouth the skunks an no doubt they say the same about us.

Cheers

steve

we have enough to worry about with our club.. :roll:
there is a team threatening for major honours called 'Shocking fc' that will be local rivals soon.... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669