Lockerbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbins

Just wondered if anyone had an opinion on this...

I was listening to one of the victims relatives this morning on Sky News saying that he thought the right thing was being done. I agree with this but can imagine a lot of people won't?

Re: Lockerbie.

Why should he get to choose where he dies? His victims didn't.

On the other hand it will probably cost the country less if he dies in a normal hospital than in a prison one.

Many victims' families in the UK have long campaigned for his release, believing him to have been wrongly convicted, and a scapegoat for the whole sorry episode

He'll move back to Libya. It's almost chilling to think he's only served two weeks for every victim. It's over the top for him to be the only person to cop it all.

Last edited:

There's apparently lots of doubt surrounding his guilt in the first place so i'd rather not comment on whether his release is morrally right or wrong.

There's apparently lots of doubt surrounding his guilt in the first place so i'd rather not comment on whether his release is morrally right or wrong.

Why not? :102: What a bizarre post :icon_conf

If he did do it, he should be let out because the law allows for compassionate release and he meets the criteria.

If he didn't do it, he should be let out because the law allows for compassionate release and he meets the criteria.

If they'd have strung the fecker up in the first place, we'd have saved a lot more money than just a funeral fee.

If they'd have strung the fecker up in the first place, we'd have saved a lot more money than just a funeral fee.

So you advocate murdering prisoners to save money?
I know there's a recession but I think that's going a bit too far, even for a fascist.

So you advocate murdering prisoners to save money?
I know there's a recession but I think that's going a bit too far, even for a fascist.

Part of the rationale for the final solution. :icon_conf

Part of the rationale for the final solution. :icon_conf

Of course, how stupid of me. I should've seen the connection, fascists have a propensity for that sort of thing.

His welcome home as a hero seems pretty distasteful to me...

It isn't a hero's welcome just because the media says it is.

If a British person returned to the UK under similar circumstances, I'm fair sure there would be celebration, but it wouldn't be labelled as a hero's welcome, because it isn't.

Perhaps people got confused and thought it was a heroes welcome due to the silver tickertape that was thrown from the plane or all the National flags being waved.

It isn't a hero's welcome just because the media says it is.

If a British person returned to the UK under similar circumstances, I'm fair sure there would be celebration, but it wouldn't be labelled as a hero's welcome, because it isn't.

Obviously I wasn't there, but it looked like his reception was a little more than just the average 'welcome back' celebration.

I don't think hundreds of people were waving flags and playing the national anthem when that pregnant woman returned from Laos, although obviously that was under different circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566