London / Wembley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

Me and my brother are going to the England game on Tuesday.

We were intially only going for the game but have decided to make a day of it and spend a bit of time in London.

Trains look like they'll be around £40 each return so it seems cheaper to drive still.

Any advice on where to park? I gather it's best to park & take the tube further in?

Never driven down there and don't really know my way around.

Any advice?

Stanmore might be busy tho depending on the time of day he hits it. ie. middle of the days as the commuters have taken up all the spaces, never been down on a weekday at that time, so I couldn't be sure.

It's very easy off the motorway though and from Wembley. Tube ticket for the day was £7 when I last went down.

We were intially only going for the game but have decided to make a day of it and spend a bit of time in London.

Trains look like they'll be around £40 each return so it seems cheaper to drive still.

Any advice on where to park? I gather it's best to park & take the tube further in?

Any advice?

Megatrain have some cheap trains available, £12.50 each going on various trains between 12.25pm and 14.25pm.

Coming back it's £10.50 each on the 11.30pm National Express coach.

So you're looking around £23 each + tube

Any advice?

Not exactly what you were asking but if you need to park near Wembley use the website parkonmydrive.com.

I used that and paid £10 to park, 5 minute walk away from the stadium with easy access back to the motorway with no hold ups after the match.

Stanmore might be busy tho depending on the time of day he hits it. ie. middle of the days as the commuters have taken up all the spaces, never been down on a weekday at that time, so I couldn't be sure.

It's very easy off the motorway though and from Wembley. Tube ticket for the day was £7 when I last went down.

If Stanmore is full there is one round the corner (begins with a C, maybe Canon Park?) that is always (in my experience) almost empty.

Any advice?

Drive to Rugby and get the 11.33am Super Off Peak return for £17.50p, parking for the day is £4.50p

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tubestationcarparks/default.aspx

Looks like Stanmore is only £4.50 for the day, Canons Park is £4.

I can't see any way of booking though?

£4.50 + Tube seems pretty damn cheap.

And the tube is £7.20 for zones 1&2. This might be a stupid question but Stanmore is outside those zones so do we just get singles in & out and use the travel card to get around once in there?

Just get the train from Leicester and have a few bevvies you fecking tight wad :icon_lol:

keep yer nose out :icon_wink

If Stanmore is full there is one round the corner (begins with a C, maybe Canon Park?) that is always (in my experience) almost empty.

... and 50 p cheaper.
:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673