Long ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
If we insist on playing it then why are we playing Hume and Fryatt up front and Williams in midfield?? Stick MdV and O'Grady up front and Weso in midfield.

Not what I want to see but you have to pick a team to suit your style or vice versa.

Right. I would like to start with a positive. A least next year in league one the opponents might be a bit easier to beat.
I’m sorry to say that on last night’s performance we haven’t got a hope in hell in challenging for promotion, I’d say we’ll be lucky to avoid relegation.
Our midfield was dire last night, Andy Johnson hardly moved all night, Maybury and Stearman swapping positions through out the first half didn’t work and Tiatto on the left is a complete waste of a player. He was awful every time he got the ball he turned back towards our own goal. We need WINGERS, people with pace and the ability to beat men we hardly beat anyone all night and it showed when Fryatt booted the ball in the stands out of pure frustration because of the lack of service he and Hume had been receiving.
Also all we seamed to do was knock it long to Hume. He’s only small and got beaten to the ball every time, we didn’t play much football on the ground which is where fryatt and Hume are best.
We did improve towards the end with Josh Low who I though didn’t look to bad at all, at least he ran down that right wing and got a few crosses in causing a little bit of pressure for the Burnley defensive. Yet when we than made it in to their third of the pitch and got a free kick or corner we completely messed it up with very poor deliveries giving our big lads no chance for a header.
Just a quick last point did anyone else notice that Kenton doesn’t like to head the ball he tends to pull down the opposing player so the ball goes over both their heads, it was as if he was scared to header.

Sorry bit of a rant but I was fuming a whole 90 mins with hardly a decent effort on goal.
Rob Kelly needs to dish out some serious words for Saturday as only a win will now do.
:( :(

Ipswich Line Up:

I think we should play to our strengths

-----------------Henderson-----------------------

Stearman-Maybury-Mac-Kis-Nis-Kenton-Low-Sheehan

-----------------MDV-O'Grady---------------------

Melton Fox said:
Ipswich Line Up:

I think we should play to our strengths

-----------------Henderson-----------------------

Stearman-Maybury-Mac-Kis-Nis-Kenton-Low-Sheehan

-----------------MDV-O'Grady---------------------

2 or 3 nil defeat on the cards then.

rotherhamfox said:
2 or 3 nil defeat on the cards then.
I'd take that if it was offered before KO :icon_lol:

Melton Fox said:
I'd take that if it was offered before KO :icon_lol:

Yeh specially with the last few results we've had against the tractor boys.

The long ball is not what we should be playing. We have great passers of the ball in Williams, Hughes & Weso. What we desperately need is a Left sided winger. Tiatto is just useless & will suspended half the season anyway. Low to me looks like he hasnt got any tricks, but could be another Scowcroft to cross the ball to on the back post. Frankly i believe our best team atm is...
-----------------Henderson-----------------
Stearman---McCarthy---Johansson---Maybury
Low---------Williams----Wesolowski---Hughes
--------------Fryatt-------Hume-------------

If we can keep the ball on the ground, this could be a good year for us, we have a good 1st team providing we play to our strenghts.

TomBmx5 said:
The long ball is not what we should be playing.
Blimey O'Riley, the irony certainly wasn't lost on you Tom was it :icon_roll

Logan--Henderson--Douglas

Stearman--Maybury--McAuley--McCarthy--Kisnorbo--Kenton--Johansson--Sheehan

Low--Sylla--Williams--Wesolowski--Johnson--Hughes--Tiatto--Porter

Hammond--Hume--De Vries--O'Grady--Fryatt

IMO this is our best team.​

I still wouldn't trust Tiatto and McCarthy not to get us sent down to 22 men

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts