long shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007010538,00.html

Probably a lot of hot air, but Charlton, apparently, want to offload hasselbaink to any team that can pay him 30,000 a week. surely after the takeover we'll have enough to pay his wage?

he could tear apart this division AND get us promoted AND be a hero in Leicester forever...

or am i just dreaming?

Even after the takeover we won't have £30k a week to spend on anyone.

i'll just carry on dreaming then.... I reckon beckham could be persuaded to come here instead of the mickey mouse league in the US... ronaldinho could do with a loan stint in england... Cantona could come out of retirement with Schmeichel and play for us... Henry has achieved (nearly) everything he can at arsenal, maybe he needs a new challenge...etc etc etc

i'll just carry on dreaming then.... I reckon beckham could be persuaded to come here instead of the mickey mouse league in the US... ronaldinho could do with a loan stint in england... Cantona could come out of retirement with Schmeichel and play for us... Henry has achieved (nearly) everything he can at arsenal, maybe he needs a new challenge...etc etc etc

And that George Best he'd be better than Hammond in front of goal

Brilliant.

Sorry for my scepticism, but we really do not want any journeymen arseholes at the club.

Brilliant.

Sorry for my scepticism, but we really do not want any journeymen arseholes at the club.

But whatabout complete tits, Alex?

£30 000 a week (over £1.5million a year) probably covers most of the wages of our starting lineup, (I am sure Jeff or Boc will correct me if the figure is substantially different). I think we have to go back to Matty Elliot to get a player on £30 000 a week or anything like it.

£30 000 a week (over £1.5million a year) probably covers most of the wages of our starting lineup, (I am sure Jeff or Boc will correct me if the figure is substantially different). I think we have to go back to Matty Elliot to get a player on £30 000 a week or anything like it.

Salaries of players is not really something that interests me - except to say that I think the scale of players earnings is now totally out of synch with their true value to the world. I don;t therefore have any note of how much are players are on.

I do agree though that we don't pay anybody anywhere near £30,000 and it is unlikely that we will be able to afford to do so any time in the near future. I would imagine that a total of £30,000 would cover about half of the current starters - which half, I don't know.

speculation was that MDV was on £8000 and the highest paid player at the club

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007010538,00.html

Probably a lot of hot air, but Charlton, apparently, want to offload hasselbaink to any team that can pay him 30,000 a week. surely after the takeover we'll have enough to pay his wage?

he could tear apart this division AND get us promoted AND be a hero in Leicester forever...

or am i just dreaming?

If that was guaranteed then he would be very cheap, but its not

You could finance it by getting rid of more crappy players that are never likely to play again

He may not be the right choice, but i'm not against us breaking the bank (further) to get at least one high profile player who can entertain and put asses on seats

We need a hero

I think we need a finance department that is a bit more creative. Lee Trundle has a contract that has a loish base pay but he has a creative rights over his image which bumps things up a bit. These are th sorts of deals that we should be tryng to work out. I think that in the summer when Charlton go down there will be opportunities. The problem is that we don't have the type of people in the club at presen that can take advantage.

speculation was that MDV was on £8000 and the highest paid player at the club

Dougal took a pay cut to come here

Even so I think he would be on more than MDV

Celtic international (albiet a Goalkeeper and Scotland, not a marriage made in heaven)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669