Speculation Luciano Vietto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Foxes in the hunt for Argentinian starlet Vietto

Newly-promoted Leicester City are ready to contest with the big boys for Argentinian prospect Luciano Vietto.
The 20-year-old, tipped to follow compatriots Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez to Europe, has a £7.5million buy-out clause but cash-strapped Racing Club are willing to accept around £6m with add-ons to ensure a sale this summer.
Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal have all been made aware of the 5ft 8in forward, who has scored two in his last three games and has a dual Italian passport. However, Leicester are also keen to speak to his representatives as they look to strengthen their squad in key areas early in the summer to prepare for their Premier League return.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eable-star-striker-Real-Madrids-clutches.html

Bloody hell... I wonder if we can get Junior Lewis too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkv0f1CGOk

Yes, please!! This is exactly what I'm hoping for. Steve Walsh must have a list of these players from all over the world and hopefully, we get some of them.

And this, not so.

Although I did YouTube him straight away and got a bit excited seeing that, past experiences have taught us players can easily look good on YouTube.

And he takes a pen like Kermo.

Silly season begins and we haven't even beaten Brighton yet.

The financial situation at Racing Club is one which we taken advantage of when signing Tunchev, Knockaert and Mahrez from their previous clubs.

Last edited:
Good point. But what the feck happened to the last rising star we signed? Pierre whateverhisfuckingnameis?

Wouldn't read too much into this personally..

The financial situation at Racing Club is one which we taken advantage of when signing Tunchev, Knockaert and Mahrez from their previous clubs.

What does the financial situation at an Argentinian club have to do with us signing players from 3 other clubs and 2 other countries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkv0f1CGOk

Yes, please!! This is exactly what I'm hoping for. Steve Walsh must have a list of these players from all over the world and hopefully, we get some of them.

Is there any reason to think Steve Walsh has been to Argentina? Walsh does not seem to be the kind of man to be convinced by an impressive You Tube compilation. Unlike certain previous managers our present management team is thoroughly professional. He will want to see the player actually playing.

Perhaps it is time for Steve Walsh to don a beret, stick a wad of used euros in his back pocket and go scouring the underbelly of French football.

Last edited by a moderator:
:081:

Sorry....

Last edited:
Perhaps it is time for Steve Walsh to don a beret, stick a wad of used euros in his back pocket and go scouring the underbelly of French football.

I suspect he already has. NP has said that they have been working on this for some time now. The fact that we have been promoted so early gives us the drop on the other two teams in terms of securing targets for next year.

Is there any reason to think Steve Walsh has been to Argentina? Walsh does not seem to be the kind of man to be convinced by an impressive You Tube compilation. Unlike certain previous managers our present management team is thoroughly professional. He will want to see the player actually playing.

Well he's certainly already done that and come back with Knockaert and Mahrez.

I think this is just lazy journalism though. For a start he don't look anything special even from just the video 'best of' compilations. Secondly, if the top teams really are after him, what feckin' chance in hell have we got? :icon_lol:

My mate just sent me a video of this guy. Looks like the real deal...

Is there any reason to think Steve Walsh has been to Argentina?

I doubt he's gone there. But he does manage a team of scouts that travel all over and we have some history in Argentina as previously referenced. His team mark thousands of players by recording them by a simple method and if a player keeps on scoring highly, they keep watching him and build target lists.

I actually think that Steve Bruce may have robbed his database from Hull to sign some of his recruits this season, such as Huddlestone, Livermore and Long. They're not SB type players but are very much Steve Walsh type players and have been linked to NP in the past.

Last edited:
My mate just sent me a video of this guy. Looks like the real deal...

Jebus. Had to mute it because of the ****ing terrible music. Then I had to switch my screen off because of the awful football. Much better if you watch it without audio or video.

For a start he don't look anything special even from just the video 'best of' compilations. Secondly, if the top teams really are after him, what feckin' chance in hell have we got? :icon_lol:

Now, I'm no Steve Walsh, but from that first clip of him turning and gliding through a couple of challenges, you can instantly tell the lad is a class apart from anything we've currently got.

If the Thai's have serious wonga behind them and we're going for talented players rather than established Premier League players, then this is exactly the type of move we should be expecting. We're a Premier League club now and talented foreign players will play for us if only to showcase their talents to the widest possible audience*. Remember players like Tevez going to West Ham or Remy to QPR. If they get the cash and the profile, they'll gladly rock up at the KP.

Anyway, if we have a hit list, you'd expect us to start at the top. We're going to fail to get most of our targets, but we'll get some. The more You Tube clips posted on here of players I've never heard of, the better!

*To be totally honest, do you really think players like Knockaert and Mahrez are not hoping to do well here in order to get a bigger club? We have to accept our place in the pecking order and exploit the shit out of it.

Last edited:
This attacking right-sided defender looks the shit too. Let's sign him up as well.

http://youtu.be/0Eblplqj7p0

You're totally missing the point. Martin Allen signed anyone, irrespective of genuine talent or ability to adapt to English football. Steve Walsh's targets from abroad are properly scouted, checked out and filtered.

If we're linked with Juan Dribbler from the Mexican third division, it will be because he's good, not because his Agent is waving brown paper bags full of cash about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566