Luton match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on you Foxes, lets hope for a better result than opening day last season !!!!

Morning PFKA, I woke up thinking about that game last season........

We played ok but the defeat set the tone for a large part of the season - lets hope/pray/cheer the team on to better today.....

Having said that, i'm going for 1-1.

BOB HAZELL said:
Morning PFKA, I woke up thinking about that game last season........

We played ok but the defeat set the tone for a large part of the season - lets hope/pray/cheer the team on to better today.....

Having said that, i'm going for 1-1.

My sentiments exactly, last season's opener was a really strange game, we played well for 75 minutes to then capitulate and as you say, it did set the tone for what turned into a season to forget.

IMO the key today is to not get beaten, and try to build some confidence and momentum in the early season, I think RK philosphy will be to make ourselves difficult to break down and hit teams on the counter away from home, and try to be more expansive at the Walkers.

BOB HAZELL said:
Hence two full backs in midfield today???
Any news you can let slip Bob?, who are we going with up front?

Contrary to the hype and speculation I still believe we will start with Hume and Fryatt, obviously you couldn't confirm this, but feel free to deny it

BOB HAZELL said:

Exactly, we will keep it tight, make ourselves very difficult to break down then hit teams on the counter attack, using the pace, guile and finishing of Hume and Fryatt, that will be the reciepe for away games this season IMO.

Melton Fox said:
Any news you can let slip Bob?, who are we going with up front?

Contrary to the hype and speculation I still believe we will start with Hume and Fryatt, obviously you couldn't confirm this, but feel free to deny it

Absolutely no idea Melts, your guess is as good as mine my friend. I'd assume H & F, but am only second guessing. Has been very secretive with plans etc.

First post on here boys and girls on the first day of the new season.

It is over 14 years since we last played a game like today. In many ways, everything changed when we beat Derby in the play off final in 94. Money and the pursuit of Premiership fame and fortune. Somewhere along that road, we lost our relationship with the club and the players.

We are no longer a Premier League whore. On the whole, we've got players that are getting paid realistic money for a job that we fans can identify with. They are no longer living in a world completely out of our reach. In many ways, I see a lot of Brian Little in Rob Kelly. He's extremely well organised and modest. He espouses being competitive and hard work. He's a good man doing a good job. We play Luton today and Burnley on Tuesday. We can have no pretentions of superiority and being the big boys anymore. It dog against dog, players and supporters' versus the opposition without any fancy rubbish.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like the money again and to be back there biting my nails at Old Trafford and Highbury but we've got a hell of a lot of work to do before we get there. For 14 years, the supporters of this club haven't mattered that much as the millions from Sky were rolling in. Now they've stopped and we're back to the club we were.

From today, it's time to forget the mess the club made of trying to make us successful and reclaim our club. The players and fans at Kenilworth Road or watching and listening at home or in the pubs of Leicestershire this lunchtime are the key. We need to stop our moaning and whinging and back-biting the players and officials of the club. There are loads of people to blame for the end of our 14 years of competing with the big boys. Some still at the club and many not. Forget it - it's done and dusted and there's nothing we can do about it. We need to shout load and proud and get effing into 'em.

Up the City!

Brown Nose said:

It is over 14 years since we last played a game like today. In many ways, everything changed when we beat Derby in the play off final in 94. Money and the pursuit of Premiership fame and fortune. Somewhere along that road, we lost our relationship with the club and the players.

We are no longer a Premier League whore. On the whole, we've got players that are getting paid realistic money for a job that we fans can identify with. They are no longer living in a world completely out of our reach. In many ways, I see a lot of Brian Little in Rob Kelly. He's extremely well organised and modest. He espouses being competitive and hard work. He's a good man doing a good job. We play Luton today and Burnley on Tuesday. We can have no pretentions of superiority and being the big boys anymore. It dog against dog, players and supporters' versus the opposition without any fancy rubbish.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like the money again and to be back there biting my nails at Old Trafford and Highbury but we've got a hell of a lot of work to do before we get there. For 14 years, the supporters of this club haven't mattered that much as the millions from Sky were rolling in. Now they've stopped and we're back to the club we were.

From today, it's time to forget the mess the club made of trying to make us successful and reclaim our club. The players and fans at Kenilworth Road or watching and listening at home or in the pubs of Leicestershire this lunchtime are the key. We need to stop our moaning and whinging and back-biting the players and officials of the club. There are loads of people to blame for the end of our 14 years of competing with the big boys. Some still at the club and many not. Forget it - it's done and dusted and there's nothing we can do about it. We need to shout load and proud and get effing into 'em.

Up the City!
Great post! :038: :038: :038:

Welcome, Brown Nose. Terrible name! :icon_wink

Morning all. The first day of the season has arrived. Come on Leicester!!

londonfox said:
I know of a bar downtown that has setanta sports which shows Championship games that are on sky so i'll be down there having my full Irish breakfast nice and early and watching the mad hatters take an ass whooping...

I have seen reports elsewhere that they are not showing it. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf

BOB HAZELL said:

6-2-2. :icon_sad: :icon_roll

Brown Nose said:

Up the City!

Great Post! BN!

Spot on, BN!

Last edited:
highland fox said:
And about now til total dissapointment in my spelling:icon_wink :icon_lol:
Don't think anybody will notice H :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697