Status
Not open for further replies.
Redditch Fox said:
Tom W said:
Walker

Canero, Elliott, Heath, Stewart

Gillespie, Nalis, Williams, Morris

Scowcroft, Dublin

That is as good as nearly any first division team you could name, and I'm sure we'll be adding at least 5 more players into that.

You've got to understand the first division is SHIT :)

I think you are wrong -but only time will tell. I guess the standard in the league will be much the same as when we were last there & we looked ordinary & everyone said that - when Muzzy wasn't fit. This was in spite of retaining more or less the team that had played in the Prem.

I don't know what reasons you have for thinking that Gillespie is going to show any more interest than last season, that Morris is going to get or keep fit, that Heath is going to learn to pass a ball, that Matty can get through a full season, that Jordan is going to show some consistency - Dublin is probably a spent force as a striker & looks more likely as a useful central defender & I don't buy Scowcroft as a hitman in whatever division - and there are the good points - still you may be right!

So where do you buy him? He aint a f*ckin winger. He's a good striker in the lower leagues, he got ten goals from the wing last time so imagine what he'd get when he's in strikers positions against mongoles like Millwall.

Tom W said:
Walker

Scowcroft, Dublin

That is as good as nearly any first division team you could name, and I'm sure we'll be adding at least 5 more players into that.

You've got to understand the first division is SHIT :)

I think that defence is more than able in the First Division. We have better full backs than last time in Division 1 - We used to have Impey and Rogers. :roll:

Forget Gillespie.

We need a ball winner - Williams and Nalis are certainly not that. We should have kept Billy Mac on.

Will Morris ever be fit? :roll:

I disagree with Redditch Fox - Scowcroft can score goals in the First Division (The Championship). He scored 11 goals from the right wing last time in that Division, and used to score 15+ reguarly for Ipswich.

I think Scowy will struggle a bit more now with any decent crossers of the ball, especially Muzzy gone.

As for a ball winner... yes we badly need one. I like McAteer but wages may be a problem and he's not the youngest....

So where do you buy him? He aint a f*ckin winger. He's a good striker in the lower leagues, he got ten goals from the wing last time so imagine what he'd get when he's in strikers positions against mongoles like Millwall.[/quote]

You are well clued up on Scowcroft. You know he has never been a prolific goal scorer and last time round in that division we had Dickov & Deano who along with Muzzy were main reasons for our promotion & he was pushed out wide for that reason.

I accept that he may be an ultimate option - but he ain't going to score too many because he does not have the required sharpness & you already know that. For what it matters, I guess his best position is playing centrally between midfied and the strikers but he's useful at that level rather than a key asset.

EMC Fox said:
MrUniversityofLeicester said:
Whilst MA is our manager, Scowcroft will be slotted in somewhere whether he's fit or not....

Has Scowy got something on Micky? :lol:

Yeh his mole resting on his shoulder.

You are well clued up on Scowcroft. You know he has never been a prolific goal scorer and last time round in that division we had Dickov & Deano who along with Muzzy were main reasons for our promotion & he was pushed out wide for that reason.

I accept that he may be an ultimate option - but he ain't going to score too many because he does not have the required sharpness & you already know that. For what it matters, I guess his best position is playing centrally between midfied and the strikers but he's useful at that level rather than a key asset.

I don't particularly want him upfront if we can get some decent strikers in, but we may have no choice. In 46 games I guarantee that Scowcroft will score 15 goals atleast if we do reasonably well, it's not hard.

Redditch Fox said:
So where do you buy him? He aint a f*ckin winger. He's a good striker in the lower leagues, he got ten goals from the wing last time so imagine what he'd get when he's in strikers positions against mongoles like Millwall.

I accept that he may be an ultimate option - but he ain't going to score too many because he does not have the required sharpness & you already know that. For what it matters, I guess his best position is playing centrally between midfied and the strikers but he's useful at that level rather than a key asset.[/quote]

He's not prolific, but he's certainly capable of getting 15 goals in this division. He did it at Ipswich, and he got 11 goals last time out....This coming from the right wing.....

Its already been mentioned but the squad hasn't been finalised so this is ab it of a pointless thread. What I will say is that in the line ups mentioned above not a lot of the team has played together for any length of time and it does look distinctly average for Div 1. We have no Muzz no Dickov, Elliot is another year older but we have a replacement for Deano in Dublin.

Unless we sign some quality I think we will struggle to go up.

What im saying is, that isnt close to what our team will be hopefully, and that shit team will still easily be challenging for the playoffs. if you dont think so then you're talking shit, have a look at the state of the other teams who will be upper half, there are very few which can match even that load of rubbish i put out, and our team will be MUCH better than that hopefully.

Tom W said:
Walker

Scowcroft, Dublin
seem good enough...
let's just hope we don't pick up ANY injuries or suspensions then :? :wink:

MKFox said:
Tom W said:
Walker

Scowcroft, Dublin
seem good enough...
let's just hope we don't pick up ANY injuries or suspensions then :? :wink:

Add Tiatto to the fray.

it needs to be better but if anyone from that team gets injured then we have hardly got anyone to replace them only ,tommy wright, benjamin n 1 or 2 others and some youths. We need to bring more players in

[quote="Malf. In 46 games I guarantee that Scowcroft will score 15 goals at least if we do reasonably well, it's not hard.[/quote]

Thats alright then.

Walker

Canero Heath Elloitt Stewart
Scowcroft Nalis Williams Tiatto
Dublin Morris

Not Bad IMO

It's OK Petrescu if Williams doesn't arrive we've got Macateer now :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494