Macclesfield 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got to stand in another shed tonight! Good crowd, I would say at least a third of the 2000 odd fans there were ours.

I thought Wellens and Adams both played really well tonight. Howard was strong (apart from his finishing). Fryatt was definitely off pace. O'neill looked weak at the back, but Powell was solid (his passing was shite tho).

The bog roll throwing was funny in the second half (no harm done!), especially when their keeper got it stuck to his gloves

Top Banana.

willing mentality quickly getting established...

new boys bedding in...

our number 1 striker working his way back to full fitness (and grabbing a goal in the process)...

A blossoming partnership in the middle of the park...

And no injuries incurred...

delighted.

Last edited:
I'm assuming the midfield lined up

N'Guessan, Oakley, Wellens, Adams?

Or was it Oakley, Wellens, Adams, N'Guessan? (basically, who was CM, Oakley or Adams?)

Nice to see a win, and another goal for N'Guessan. Not to mention Fryatt getting a goal despite not being match fit yet. Good warmup for him.

:icon_lol: Just found out, if you type "Colin Wanker" into wikipedia it re-locates to Colin's page. Also, there's a whole section dedicated to his disputes.

Last edited:
Interesting to see on the BBC round up that Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd and Rotherham (at the Don Valley Stadium) all played at the same time, on the same night, at home on Tuesday. The police saw no problem with this.

And we can't ever play on the same day as a bunch of rugger buggers? How ridiculous.

Interesting to see on the BBC round up that Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd and Rotherham (at the Don Valley Stadium) all played at the same time, on the same night, at home on Tuesday. The police saw no problem with this.

And we can't ever play on the same day as a bunch of rugger buggers? How ridiculous.

Three small crowds in grounds several miles apart as opposed to 2 large crowds in grounds just across the road from each other might account for the difference.

Impressed by Fryatt's goal. I hate to say it but Colin was spot on when he said that 2 years ago he would not have held the man off and gone for goal but have stopped and looked to pass the ball back. Maybe he has finally found a manager who has instilled some faith in himself

Three small crowds in grounds several miles apart as opposed to 2 large crowds in grounds just across the road from each other might account for the difference.

Impressed by Fryatt's goal. I hate to say it but Colin was spot on when he said that 2 years ago he would not have held the man off and gone for goal but have stopped and looked to pass the ball back. Maybe he has finally found a manager who has instilled some faith in himself

I think the inportant safety issue is: ... 2 large crowds in grounds just across the road from each other and right next to a huge accident and emergency hospital.

It's never been about the police. It's always been about both grounds being very near an A&E hospital.

!!! Trivia Alert !!!

Against Swansea on Saturday, N'Guessan and Waghorn came on as subs and scored. Last night it was the other way around - N'Guessan and Fryatt scored and were then substituted.

I see King scored for Wales.

Hopefully they will put a bid in for him, or at least take him on loan....

!!! Trivia Alert !!!

Against Swansea on Saturday, N'Guessan and Waghorn came on as subs and scored. Last night it was the other way around - N'Guessan and Fryatt scored and were then substituted.

I reckon there is a chance we have a set a record of the biggest age difference between the two full backs - an impressive 22 years!

!!! Trivia Alert !!!

What could this mean??

What could this mean??

That I have too much time on my hands, as I sit here, eating the Large Breakfast in the Society Rooms in Macclesfield?

Last edited:
I reckon there is a chance we have a set a record of the biggest age difference between the two full backs - an impressive 22 years!

And they both had good games. I can see that Chris Powell in an England shirt when he's had a year or two to develop

as an overage player for the Under-41s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673