Mace out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naughty Fox said:
He has always looked like one of those local news programme reporters to me, breaking news stories like the pig at the local farm that can do handstands. No great loss, the club will find somebody else.

Classic... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pierpoint was a very good marketing man, unfortunately he also wanted to take responsibility for player signing and contracts away from people who know football, although it may be argued that when taylor was appointed that may have been a good thing with hindsight.

Regardless of that, any marketing man (who wanted the club to make money even if it meant a reducation in football success) who thought he could take one the best managers of his generation, and certainly the best manager we've ever had, and remove a large portion of his responsibilities and control them himself was onto a loser.

My personal opinion of him is extremely low having known him and the way he works for a number of years, but will admit that he is good at Marketing.

If he had stuck to that rather than trying to follow his ego driven quest to run the club both football and commercially then he would probably still be here.

Any Marketing Man who pisses off arguably the best Manager this club has ever had needs to also take a long look at himself.

alex said:
Any Marketing Man who pisses off arguably the best Manager this club has ever had needs to also take a long look at himself.
But I thought you liked tits Alex.....?
:p

I don't know whether the Foxes Trust can confirm this but I suspect that a lot of the non communication with the fans was down to Mace. I've read the minutes of Fans Forum meetings and issues like the gold kit, the new kits, Macestock and the Pepsi max tournament seem to have gone ahead without much fan consultation which makes a mockery of having the forums and the Trust.

I've met the bloke on several occasions and I didn't particularly like the attitude I must admit. I hope the club can secure the services of someone who will actually listen to the fans and respect their input.

Just an opinion! :smt006

Vixen said:
I hope the club can secure the services of someone who will actually listen to the fans and respect their input.
So do we all Vixen, but that'll never happen, sadly

MKFox said:
Vixen said:
I hope the club can secure the services of someone who will actually listen to the fans and respect their input.
So do we all Vixen, but that'll never happen, sadly

As the TV revenue for most football clubs slips away - I think football clubs will have to listen a lot more and fans will need to get a bit more realistic about what is achievable.

I am perfectly realistic about the fact that we have a mountain to climb here at the club and that promotion is probably a way off yet but people like Mace didn't help foster a united spirit between club and fans and when barriers like that arise then it all gets very negative. I'm glad he's gone and I bet it takes a weight off the wage bill! ;-) .

Just ignore me...I got PST.....Post Season Depression! :cry:

Vixen said:
I am perfectly realistic about the fact that we have a mountain to climb here at the club and that promotion is probably a way off yet but people like Mace didn't help foster a united spirit between club and fans and when barriers like that arise then it all gets very negative. I'm glad he's gone and I bet it takes a weight off the wage bill! ;-) .

Just ignore me...I got PST.....Post Season Depression! :cry:

:smt018

Vixen said:
I don't know whether the Foxes Trust can confirm this but I suspect that a lot of the non communication with the fans was down to Mace. I've read the minutes of Fans Forum meetings and issues like the gold kit, the new kits, Macestock and the Pepsi max tournament seem to have gone ahead without much fan consultation which makes a mockery of having the forums and the Trust.

I've met the bloke on several occasions and I didn't particularly like the attitude I must admit. I hope the club can secure the services of someone who will actually listen to the fans and respect their input.

Just an opinion! :smt006

Yes we can confirm, totally correct interpretation & hence why we issued our press release today

The club aren't replacing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670