Mad Biker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know - I nearly pissed myself when it said that the council are having a meeting about the dreaded stone and will decide whether or not to destroy it. You can just imagine it - "we need to rid ye olde town of the evil stone!"

Joe_Fox said:
I know - I nearly pissed myself when it said that the council are having a meeting about the dreaded stone and will decide whether or not to destroy it. You can just imagine it - "we need to rid ye olde town of the evil stone!"

My personal favourate story about townsfolk stupidity is the Hartleypool monkey story. This monkey must have stowed away on a boat and ended up in Hartlepool...the towns people hung it because they thought it was a french spy! :lol:

SilverFox said:
Joe_Fox said:

My personal favourate story about townsfolk stupidity is the Hartleypool monkey story. This monkey must have stowed away on a boat and ended up in Hartlepool...the towns people hung it because they thought it was a french spy! :lol:

That too was very funny but it happened a lot longer ago - Napoleonic times indeed. This is present day!

During the Napoleonic Wars at the beginning of the 1800s, when England was at war with France, there was a particularly vicious storm off the North East Coast. During this the Hartlepool fishermen could see a French vessel struggling against the heavy seas, and eventually sinking. Wreckage was washed ashore and clinging for dear life to a piece of this was the ship's pet monkey dressed in a soldier's uniform. The ignorant fishermen did not quite know what to make of it - after all they had never seen a monkey before and neither had they seen a Frenchman - so could this be one of their French enemies? It was decided to immediately hold a trial on the beach, and the conclusion that was reached was that the monkey was a French spy. It was promptly sentenced to death by hanging and this was duly carried out using the mast of a fishing boat as the gallows.

Not surprising in our times, a more modern spin has been put on this legend. It has been suggested that the distressed craft was not a French ship, but a spacecraft, and that the monkey washed ashore was actually an alien. The authorities are said to have taken the strange creature away, and instructed the locals to spread the story about the monkey as a diversion. The wreckage from the supposed alien craft which was washed onto the beach is said to have been removed by the aforementioned authorities and buried to the south of Seaton Carew. In recent times a nuclear power plant has been built here. It is said that this has been constructed over the site of the alien craft's remains to ensure that they are never found! I believe the originator of this tongue in cheek version of the legend was Ray Totty, who now lives at Seaton Carew.

That is an epic story for the ages. They should make a hollywood movie out of that...Starring Martin Keown as the monkey!

And Micky Adams as the executioner? :lol:

If you still have me number txt me. Otherwise I'll txt you and you can send us one back.

Bloody rearranged fixture means I'mmissin me first game under CL.

What about Jason Wilcox as the Grim Reaper?

And Joe Fox as the only gay in the village.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Homer you tart - will you be playing the local slag? (heap) ;-)

rank

Back on the topic...

Its been acknowledged by everyone, including Craig Levein, that we need the goals...but still no word of any transfers or even possibilities. Trundle was obviously a load of shite, but has anyone heard anything that might suggest we are after a striker.

MB?

Jaffar Kake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673