Mads Timms

Status
Not open for further replies.
its all bollocks, i believe it is just an alteration of the word Charv which has been circulating the north east for a good 10 or so years. similar to kappa slappa in the viz who was a 'scotchie charv' scotchie being scotswood which is a 'lovely' area of newcastle. the word has been kicking about for 10 years, but the media have picked up and changed it in the past 2 years or so

Apparently, 'Chav' has been around for ages and derives from a girls school in Cheltenham, as the undesirable man folk about the town were given the title of 'Cheltenham averages' hence the shortened 'Chav'

At least this is what was taught to me in a journalism lecture last year as I had to do a feature on it

who really cares it's just another word that tries to help descriminate against certain people who just like that certain kind of clothing.

generalization at its worst

Definition: the lower class; uneducated and ignorant people

Divide and rule. ;-)

i can remember being confused by the term 'chav/chava' in Leicester about 15 years ago when it was used to mean kids or youths.
not kids acting in any particular way or coming from any particular background, just kids in general.

Anyway back on topic...

We were linked with Timm some months ago now but i cannot remember how long ago. Was Micky was still here then or had Craig taken over?

We were linked with Timms last summer I think which is why we've been linked with him now I suspect, not because we're really interested. I doubt Craig would be looking at the same player that Micky was looking at despite the fact that most of Micky's staff has gone etc. Lazy journalism imo.

Leigh said:
We were linked with Timms last summer I think which is why we've been linked with him now I suspect, not because we're really interested. I doubt Craig would be looking at the same player that Micky was looking at despite the fact that most of Micky's staff has gone etc. Lazy journalism imo.

Thoughts so. In that case i agree with you entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363