Manager will be selected today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

I have it on extremely good authority (T Davies) that the manager will be sorted out today sometime so keep the Ceefax on 302 mix all night.

Someone I know went to the match yesterday and sat in reception to complain about the u-turn on smoking and refused to leave until Mr Davies came and spoke to him (he was supposed to ring my mate in the day but didn't). The secretary told him that he was very busy sorting the manager situation out and that he'd ring him tomorrow after it the new gaffer had signed the papers.

So, look out for the news very very soon.

Such cynicism!

I dont think it will be Bassett, I think it has been very cloak and dagger and as there hasnt been much speculation in the media, I suspect it maybe someone currently out of work........

Gordan Strachan come on down....

Joe_Fox said:
I have it on extremely good authority (T Davies) that the manager will be sorted out today sometime so keep the Ceefax on 302 mix all night.

Someone I know went to the match yesterday and sat in reception to complain about the u-turn on smoking and refused to leave until Mr Davies came and spoke to him (he was supposed to ring my mate in the day but didn't). The secretary told him that he was very busy sorting the manager situation out and that he'd ring him tomorrow after it the new gaffer had signed the papers.

So, look out for the news very very soon.

Club still not generated shortlist - friend talking crap.

Unless results go very badly, decision is likely to be weeks not days, the club is carrying out detailed research on candidates

'Detailed Research'.. and heres me thinking they were going to manage a football club not go undercover in Baghdad.If they need to research them that much it strikes me as if they haven't heard of any of them.Lets wait until we've got absolutely no chance of promotion,this club will not get promoted with Dave Bassett/ Howard Wilkinson in charge it just isn't going to happen.

Thats rich coming from the Foxes Trust, they usually are the ones talking crap

highland fox said:
'Detailed Research'.. and heres me thinking they were going to manage a football club not go undercover in Baghdad.If they need to research them that much it strikes me as if they haven't heard of any of them.Lets wait until we've got absolutely no chance of promotion,this club will not get promoted with Dave Bassett/ Howard Wilkinson in charge it just isn't going to happen.

What so you would rather we just took a chance on a possibly shit manager which could totally screw up the club than just leave Basset in charge for a week or so!

I think the board should be praised for being paitent, they realise that they have got time to identify the right man and so they are going to use it.

This is a massive appointment for the club and if it means waiting another 2-3 weeks to appoint the best available then it will be well worth the wait and prove to be the right plan.

What we dont want to do is make a rushed appointment, get it wrong and set ourselves further back.

You can wait 3 days,3 weeks,3 months there is always going to be a 'risk' element.We are all entitled to our opinions and mine is that having these two at the helm is doing more harm than good,no win on Saturday and thats 2 or 3 points out of a possible 9,these are no longer early days.You are right there is no point in a 'rushed' appointment but 2 weeks is hardly a knee-jerk reaction.

highland fox said:
You can wait 3 days,3 weeks,3 months there is always going to be a 'risk' element.We are all entitled to our opinions and mine is that having these two at the helm is doing more harm than good,no win on Saturday and thats 2 or 3 points out of a possible 9,these are no longer early days.You are right there is no point in a 'rushed' appointment but 2 weeks is hardly a knee-jerk reaction.

If a number of candidates are identified & then the club decides to watch their team in action & how the manager reacts during the game it would take more than 2 weeks having drawn up a shortlist

Boy Genius said:

Thats rich coming from the Foxes Trust, they usually are the ones talking crap

So when did you think that was the case?

Tell us why & wehn, then we can debate the point with you or admit we got something wrong (none of us are Peter Taylor's).

"Foxes Trust" ? What do they actually stand for? What do they actually do? What have they achieved?
Enlighten me please

Boy Genius said:
"Foxes Trust" ? What do they actually stand for? What do they actually do? What have they achieved?
Enlighten me please

Well the first bits easy - here's a link to our aims published when the Trust was formed

http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

What do we do
- We continue to have regular dialogue with the club
- This dialogue takes place through one to one meetings with Tim Davies, regular contact with Peter Jones & the Trust Observer attending LCFC board meetings.
- Numerous topics are covered related to fans issues & we are currently in frequent contact over the selection of a new manager and our opinion is often sought.
- Today, along with other shareholders we attended the clubs AGM & were able to ask questions on a range of topics with all Directors present
- Last season we brought together the club, the Safety Advisory Committee & fans who took issue with the stewarding in L1 over standing, so they could all have a clear understanding of each others position.
- We helped the club with the fans questionnaire & with the results now compiled, but not yet issued to the public, we will help the club interpret them & discuss ways of improvement where necessary.

Achievements:
- Obvious first one - put £100,000 into the consortium to save the club. "Without our £100k, the club would not have survived" - that quote is from the consortium leaders, not us. We got a call from Jon Holmes thanking us 20 minutes after the consortium had signed the deal.
- As part of investing the £100k, we were allowed to have an Observer at all LCFC board meetings who is able to fully contribute during the meeting
- We became the largest Trust in the UK soon after formation, with over 3,000 members & retained that achievement for 6 months until AFC Wimbledon passed us.
- The Fans Forum was re-formatted following our proposals & the activity of the Forum is noe widely published via the the LCFC & Trust website, here's a link to the minutes of the last Forum which makes reference to our work on several points.
http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=311
- Within the minutes it makes reference to the improvement to away ticket selling systems & these improvements are due to the club adopting our proposals submitted over the summer
- Having talked to the Developer of Filbert Street from day one, we managed to get agreement for the fans to decide the road name onto the development- now called Lineker Road (as shown in todays matchday programme)
- As a shareholder we receive a monthly information pack on the club which includes the current financial position, so we can make that the club is not at risk. The club has an audit committee which ensures all risks are assessed and plans exist if unexpected events happen.

Boy Genius said:
Enlighten me please

I trust you have been enlightened?

is it true that the foxes trust chose their name because it's an anagram of their hobby? SOFT RUT SEX

or is it because they;
EXTORT FUSS

:wink:
bored, sorry.. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484