Managerial Merry Go Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

GT Fox on Rivals

McGhee to resign after saturdays match and team up with Kelly and Stowell.

When questioned as to whether it is a rumour or what he wants, his response was :

Slight whisper.....it would suit our present caretakers (see Kelly on OS), and creates a typical 'Holloway' job at Brighton.

And I know the feelings of some of the posters feelings towards his info, but I am just posting it for information purposes.

I was going to suggest McGhee when Levein went, but I thought people would call me nasty names.
He did get us playing some great football before pissing off to Wolves. He was a twat for leaving us, but at least he's been big enough to admit that he was wrong for doing it.

webmaster said:
I was going to suggest McGhee when Levein went, but I thought people would call me nasty names.
He did get us playing some great football before pissing off to Wolves. He was a twat for leaving us, but at least he's been big enough to admit that he was wrong for doing it.

I have posted a few times mentioning McGhee, he has done a very good job at Brighton in difficult circumstances, is very experienced at this level and encourages decent attacking football. Also is very apologetic for his actions, IMO would love the opportunity to come back and put things right. Would be surprised if Brighton agreed to their manager being able to speak to us bearing in mind we are direct rivals in the relegation battle.

i hold this club so dearly that this is the only analogy i can think of.

i wouldnt take my missus back after she left me for some cont.

I'd grudgingly welcome the fat cvnt back, I suppose. We played some of the best football I've EVER seen down at Filbo when he was in charge (first half against Portsmouth, I've never seen such a one-sided game). We're in a mess, we need someone who can do the job. Mind you, getting the fans on side is half of the battle, and he'd have a tough job with that.

i suppose he'd make a great scapegoat if we got relegated. get him in.

i joke, i'd sooner see RK left in charge

sildenafil said:
i hold this club so dearly that this is the only analogy i can think of.

i wouldnt take my missus back after she left me for some cont.
What if your mrs came back to you with a deep speech on how she got it all wrong, that she could still make you happy, and she could never make the same mistake again.

If you were in a position where you needed someone in your life because it was empty without her, you are going downhill on your own, you know that she was very good for and you had a lot good times together. Would you not be being just a tad stubborn not to listen to her.

Have you never made a mistake and wished you could correct it. Pride is dangerous and can be your downfall

Melton Fox said:
What if your mrs came back to you with a deep speech on how she got it all wrong, that she could still make you happy, and she could never make the same mistake again.

If you were in a position where you needed someone in your life because it was empty without her, you are going downhill on your own, you know that she was very good for and you had a lot good times together. Would you not be being just a tad stubborn not to listen to her.

Have you never made a mistake and wished you could correct it. Pride is dangerous and can be your downfall

I'd sooner have a w@nk. the cheap slut, i'll never forgive her:mad:

And she will move on to somewhere else be very successful, have a promising future and you will always remain a wankker going nowhere.

Not a personal statement towards you Rayv, just an anology

I don't understand, a few people were saying on here not to go for newell at the end of the season, because he turned us down, which isn't that bad, yet would welcome him back after what he did.

I would welcome him back (Grudingly and wouldn't really trust a word he says) or i would go for newell again in the close season. I would prefer RK to do it till the end of the season though!

Its a big ask for many fans. Personally, I don't mind, but at the moment I just wonder if its time to pause, take stock and get behind RK. It must be very difficult to do your very best for the club, get good results and know that it may not be enough to keep you your job.

On the other hand, we do need to get it sorted don't we? Oh Feck, this fence is getting right up my arse now. :icon_conf

Melton Fox said:
And she will move on to somewhere else be very successful, have a promising future and you will always remain a wankker going nowhere.

Not a personal statement towards you Rayv, just an anology

no offence taken. but i guess it all comes down to the old moral issue - Are you a half empty or half full person?

ive been half empty before, and it gets you nowhere, deprssion, self pity, over analytical etc etc.Now i am always half full.

Think of it this way, if your girlfriend leaves you for what ever reason just take it on the chin as character building it will make you a better person and will improve your next relationship with a better girl...... this has always been my case.

remember life is always ups and downs which way do you look on it?

I always know that when things are going bad they will get better, yet i know others that when things are going well they are depressed coz they know something bad is around the corner.

FECK ME I'M TURNING INTO AN AGONY AUNT!!

Last edited:
I cannot think of a job he has done well.... Can someone please enlighten me? It was still pretty much Micky Adams' squad at Brighton and he rows with leon Knight who's then shipped to Swansea...Good move in their situation?
Too big headed for me. Twat in fact.

Last edited:
alex said:
I cannot think of a job he has done well.... Can someone please enlighten me?
Didn't McGhee do a fantastic job at Reading, winning the league with a record number of points? Which is why we poached him.

Then, didn't he do a really good job for us, hence Wolves nicking him?

Mind you, it's a while ago now.

DesertFox said:
Didn't McGhee do a fantastic job at Reading, winning the league with a record number of points? Which is why we poached him.

Then, didn't he do a really good job for us, hence Wolves nicking him?

Mind you, it's a while ago now.

He may have done a job at Reading, but not us really, not here long enough to judge.

i got thinking about the McGhee idea the other night when i read an article about brighton.

i think he'd jump at the chance. he's definitly experienced enough in relegation battles.

i think his problem was too much ambiton, and not enough patience, to get to the top.

Nathan said:
i think his problem was too much ambiton, and not enough patience, to get to the top.

Problem is what if a similar situation arises once more? we could be back where we started looking for a manager in another 12 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669