Pre Match Manchester City vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morgan still injured, and Drinkwater out for the rest of the season with the thigh strain. Huth is doubtful for Saturday.

Don't tell Lako about the Drinkwater injury. He won't believe you.

I reckon we're on for a duffing up; without a number of 1st choice players, others that are apparently on their way out, others probably having packed bucket and spade now we're 'safe'... plus Man City in need of points. Perfect storm scenario innit? We'll be lucky to keep them under 5. Our only hope is that Kapustka plays a blinder.

I reckon we're on for a duffing up; without a number of 1st choice players, others that are apparently on their way out, others probably having packed bucket and spade now we're 'safe'... plus Man City in need of points. Perfect storm scenario innit? We'll be lucky to keep them under 5. Our only hope is that Kapustka plays a blinder.
Or Man City get over anxious in their efforts to score and desperate to get a win, leave plenty of room at the back...

Man City are a different side altogether with a fit Kompany at the back.

I'd suggest we play Wasyl up front in a kamikaze mission to take Kompany out. Then the usual appalling defending from Man City against our ten men will allow us to score at will.

So - Benny and Was, or Benny and Amartey?

Will Amartey be at CB or midfield?

So many questions. How exciting...

Looking to the future as we should be shakey will probably play King in midfield and Was and Benny in Central defence.

Ideal time to see Amartey at CB though I think he played very well at midfield and would played very well with Ndidi there.

And I watched Kompany this weekend, and despite the gushing from the commentator I thought he looked quite weak defensively.

Me, I'd have Amartey at CB. Was will get done like a kipper against Man City and probably twat someone. Second thoughts, I'd quite like to see that.

Me, I'd have Amartey at CB. Was will get done like a kipper against Man City and probably twat someone. Second thoughts, I'd quite like to see that.

I'd play a back 3 with Albrighton and Chilwell at WBs. It's our most attacking formation.

Wasilewski should be nowhere near our team, especially away against Man City. Shakey has put Fuchs at centre back a couple of times recently rather than playing Amartey there, and I think he'll do the same again.

Schmeichel

Simpson
Benalouane
Fuchs
Chilwell

Mahrez
N'Didi
Amartey
Albrighton

Okazaki
Vardy

Wasilewski should be nowhere near our team, especially away against Man City. Shakey has put Fuchs at centre back a couple of times recently rather than playing Amartey there, and I think he'll do the same again.

Schmeichel

Simpson
Benalouane
Fuchs
Chilwell

Mahrez
N'Didi
Amartey
Albrighton

Okazaki
Vardy

He also plays King in Midfield instead of Amartey.

Schmeichel

Benalouane
Big Was
Fuchs

Simpson
N'Didi
Albrighton
Chilwell

Okazaki
Mahrez
Vardy

The couple of times King has played centre mid with Ndidi, Imo, they've played well together. Also, let's give Amartey a go at centreback

Simpson and Chilwell are fast up and down the wings. N'Didi and Albrighton have just got to get the ball to Mahrez, the 5th midfielder behind Okazaki and Vardy. Plenty of pace there to overrun Kompany and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566