Post Match Manchester United 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got a last minute ticket and took my lad to his first game. Disappointing result but a fantastic experience for a little lad. I though we gave them far too much respect and looked like we were in awe for the first 30 minutes. We definitely don't need Choudhury and Ndidi. Vardy far too isolated. Gray and Tielemans poor. Soyuncu and Evans were actually good.

Final thing, the atmosphere was terrible for 80 minutes. Actually it was embarrassing.

Very poor by Brendycakes, I can’t see the appeal of that set up whatsoever regardless of who we’re facing. Stodgy, negative and frankly ****ing stubborn on his part.

We've moaned about Ndidi + Hamza combo on numerous occasions under both Puel and Rodgers and it's always crap - can't fathom why he still goes with it. Gray was his usual horseshitself, one a decent cameo every 6 months or so and he's still on the books - bout time he was fecked off elsewhere. Maddison out wide seems to be a new daft idea, maybe due to the fact that we have an abundance of quality in the middle, but not much at all out wide so very understandable and to be fair, Maddison still looked okay. Maybe this one has legs but you do feel you can get him into the game more the more central he is....

This is the important bit that has to happen.

It's been some time since we started the Ndidi/Hamza thing. Maybe that takes some extra sinking in... like playing it every now and then still so that it eventually becomes blindingly obvious to management as it is already to the fans in the stands.

Rodgers got it wrong

So ****ing annoyingly wrong it makes me puke

Completely wrong set up, and starting Gray ahead of either Barnes or Albrighton is just ****ing ludicrous

And he waited for ****ing ages to change anything - and then he brings on Perez FFS

Three points down the shitter, and I’m afraid that the Manager takes 100% of the blame

****ing awful

Oh, and the referee for feck’s sake

As incompetent a refereeing performance as I’ve seen for a long long time, and I watch grassroots football every Sunday....

Norwich showing what happens when you play to win. Mind you, Otamendi and Stones look appalling.

Okay, Man Utd had a weak side out, but it was no weaker than the one they had most of last season.

Last season, they finished 14 points clear of us and did pretty much exactly the same sort of job on us at Old Trafford as today.

They at least have added three players this summer that have demonstrably made their first eleven better.

We've not have we? Three signings on the bench and none making any impact so far. Our transfer activity this summer was weak. The reason we're frustrated is because we have no obvious solutions.

All the way up to deadline day, I was convinced we were about to make one or two big attacking signings and they never happened.

It's been some time since we started the Ndidi/Hamza thing. Maybe that takes some extra sinking in... like playing it every now and then still so that it eventually becomes blindingly obvious to management as it is already to the fans in the stands.
we used it in the first 2 games of the season and every game from Man City away on to finish last season, its not new

Oh, and the referee for feck’s sake

As incompetent a refereeing performance as I’ve seen for a long long time, and I watch grassroots football every Sunday....

Bang on.

Atkinson went through a spell where he was the best ref in the league. Today, he looked like an old man being ridiculed by everyone around him. He was either oblivious to Man Utd's obvious fouling and diving or he was complicit.

Some of the decisions he made genuinely defied belief. It was like he'd had a lobotomy and was unsure why he was out there. They were not mistakes as such, it was more like he was making up rules of his own.

Pure Sergeant Wilson.

Chance to make a statement pissed up the wall. There was no discernible difference in quality, but they worked harder than us and that's disgraceful. Don't think we even showed up until an hour in...

Rodgers got it wrong. Gray should be sent packing nevermind starting, Hamza + Ndidi starting together never works and Rodgers should already know that and Madders is not at his best out wide but the most disappointing thing was that we were beaten because they played with a desire and energy that we didn't.
Desire from the players is key, formations, manager, team selection is imo secondary. Defenders defend, Attackers attack, midfielders do both. Do it the best you can with some desire.

we used it in the first 2 games of the season and every game from Man City away on to finish last season, its not new

The record before today when both Ndidi and Choudhury have played:

Pld 11 Won 6 Drew 3 Lost 2

The evidence is strongly in favour of it being an effective approach. Especially when you consider how difficult those matches were - 3 against Chelsea, 2 against Man City, 1 against Arsenal, 1 against Liverpool.

In fact, if you only include results against the big six they've both played in, their record before today is W 3 D 3 L 1.

Desire from the players is key, formations, manager, team selection is imo secondary. Defenders defend, Attackers attack, midfielders do both. Do it the best you can with some desire.
managers set the mentality in their team selection and tactics, the moment we start a second Dm you are telling the players to be cautious to hold back as you're scared of being caught out.

Am I missing a game where we started with Maddison, NDidi and Tielemans in mdifield and got destroyed? I cannot remember one so where has the fear come from, or is he simply caught up in the misplaced praise after the Man City game?
The record before today when both Ndidi and Choudhury have played:

Pld 11 Won 6 Drew 3 Lost 2

The evidence is strongly in favour of it being an effective approach.
what's the record with the midfield 3 I mentioned?

I said to the missus, I reckon we'll be okay and get something out of this so long as we don't conceed an early goal. We did - and then lost to the worst Man Utd team in a generation - a great opportunity pissed away
quelle surprise
- but with big wins for Spurs and Chelsea it will stop this media top 4 bullshit.

So was it a penalty? I thought it looked harsh. The cockney man United fan sat next to me thought it was a stonewaller.

So was it a penalty? I thought it looked harsh. The cockney man United fan sat next to me thought it was a stonewaller.

Yes, it was a penalty. But it was a penalty 'won' rather than a penalty given away. Rashford was clever and made it happen. Soyuncu played along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363