Post Match Manchester United 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be mistaken but I thought I saw Ritchie DeLaet in the tunnel at the end of the game with Vardy.
Surely Vardy shouldn't have been in that area seeing as he was banned?

Ref was poor - We had a pen, they had a pen, missed the hair pulling and elbow, missed Rooney's clear second yellow etc., etc.

Technically, you can argue that he missed things, but I thought he had a good game.

The two biggest calls in the game were the Simpson/Lingard challenge which he got spot on despite the OT factor. He also got Drinkwater's two yellows bang on.

I'd rather a ref err on the side of caution than throw his weight around making borderline decisions. Both pens were marginal for different reasons and I approve of neither being given. Once again, there was a lot of off the ball stuff going on and he largely ignored this. Within reason, I approved of this too.

You can't have it all ways. If you want a ref to stick his nose into every detail, you end up with a ruined match, just like Moss did. I'd rather a ref like Oliver that tries to let the game flow and only stops it when it's necessary.

Technically, you can argue that he missed things, but I thought he had a good game.

The two biggest calls in the game were the Simpson/Lingard challenge which he got spot on despite the OT factor. He also got Drinkwater's two yellows bang on.

I'd rather a ref err on the side of caution than throw his weight around making borderline decisions. Both pens were marginal for different reasons and I approve of neither being given. Once again, there was a lot of off the ball stuff going on and he largely ignored this. Within reason, I approved of this too.

You can't have it all ways. If you want a ref to stick his nose into every detail, you end up with a ruined match, just like Moss did. I'd rather a ref like Oliver that tries to let the game flow and only stops it when it's necessary.
I agree, my only complaint is still consistency. Rooney should've gone twice.

I agree, my only complaint is still consistency. Rooney should've gone twice.
Hi is perhaps a 'smarter' player than he is given credit for.

His pull back on our player was crafty.

Rooney's 3 yellow cards were all far more blatant than Drinkwater's two.

It's not having it both ways, Roomey's two opportunities for a red card were both far more obvious and blatant than Drinkwater's was.

Rooney's 3 yellow cards were all far more blatant than Drinkwater's two.

It's not having it both ways, Roomey's two opportunities for a red card were both far more obvious and blatant than Drinkwater's was.

Yep

Just watched the Drinkwater red card again. I think what annoys me about it is that there was far more contact when Vardy got sent off for diving agaonst West Ham than there is with Drinky/Depay. He could quite easily have gone for a dive there.

Totally agree. Not sure how all the pundits have seen that as a nailed on pen, but vardys as a disgusting dive.

The Mirror are reporting that there will be no further action against Drinkwater who will now serve a one-game ban against Everton on Saturday.

He will be eligible for the final game at Chelsea.

Leicester's Robert Huth and United midfielder Marouane Fellaini could face retrospective action after their bust-up.

I would think that as the game had finished he'd served his two match ban. He was waiting for the players to come off and shook the hand of them all.
Surely Vardy shouldn't have been in that area seeing as he was banned?

I would think that as the game had finished his ban was over.

I knew The Union would be packed for the match and went an hour early only to find both bars were full. I went to The Lounge on Aylestone Road and only just got a seat. In some ways this is a good sign but I was tempted to shout "Where were you when we were shit." On the positive side: while many of our new "glory fans" will drop away when the going gets tough some will remain.

Come on Vichai lets have those extra 10,000 seats.

I knew The Union would be packed for the match and went an hour early only to find both bars were full. I went to The Lounge on Aylestone Road and only just got a seat. In some ways this is a good sign but I was tempted to shout "Where were you when we were shit." On the positive side: while many of our new "glory fans" will drop away when the going gets tough some will remain.

Come on Vichai lets have those extra 10,000 seats.

The city centre was manic.. I ended up in the most awful Molly O'Gradys after trying several pubs, but at least I saw the match and (eventually) got served at the bar.

One of Leicester's finest away performances.

Rooney now a crafty, dirty bugger like those top players of years gone by who turned dirty when they had gone past their very best. we used to call them 'ankle tappers'. Leicester's Johnny Morris was brilliant at it.

Drinkwater had to stop his man - probably a penalty and a justified penalty.

Ref looked ok on the surface - but missed a hell of a lot. But at least the ref 'errors' pretty much evened out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566