Match Thread Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor I.

Mata, Pogba, Sanchez, Rashford.

I might be in a minority but I'm underwhelmed by Pogba. For someone who cost so much and is so loved by the pundits he never stamps his authority on the game that the price and the hype seem to demand.

He'll run the show tonight now.

Personally bloody excited! Don't profess to know anything about how they're best chosen and /or set up - gonna leave that to the man who sees them day-in day-out. Just gonna sit back, enjoy and hope for the best. Come on you Blue beauties!! UTD 1-3 City!

I'm calling it... Tactical genius coming up from Puel tonight

Starting the in form Iheanacho who's probably feeling confident after pre-season and knows this is a great chance for him.

Then brings on Vardy with 20 mins to go against a Utd defence who will be leggy in the final stages of the first game of the season, as players aren't at full match sharpness yet.

Genius!

Kelechi scores for us. Pogba for them. Vardy comes on and grabs the winner.

He’s ****ed off Shinji hasn’t he?
he hasn't featured at all in pre season is he injured?
I think Ricardo's performance at Nice got him the start on the right wing this game, Albrighton is probably more defensive than Ricardo on the wing, Diabate is in desperate need of a loan spell somewhere and Ghezzal has barely trained with the team

Just ficking through the channels and noticed that the game is being shown on Sky One (106 on sky).

Had no idea! The better half has agreed to watch until the first Manure goal goes in.

he hasn't featured at all in pre season is he injured?
I think Ricardo's performance at Nice got him the start on the right wing this game, Albrighton is probably more defensive than Ricardo on the wing, Diabate is in desperate need of a loan spell somewhere and Ghezzal has barely trained with the team

Get him in! We've had plenty of wingers come in and look like world beaters in their first game (see Ryan Smith, Zsolt Lacscko and more)... That could help tonight!

I think its flexible 3 at the back when attacking and five when defending. a good move hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263