Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone has mentioned it but out of all the injuries this season I think the one that has caused the most problems is Justin's. His ability to play in three different positions is a big miss.
I said it on the match thread but boy have we missed Harvey in the last few games to offer a direct threat.
But yes Justin has also been a huge, massive, loss.

If I'd realised "always always always" means "sometimes" I wouldn't have replied.
I added Ricardo at the last second - I suppose I should have clarified my position on him but there's always a friendly neighbourhood anorak to come and pick out one slight issue with your post

I don't think anyone has mentioned it but out of all the injuries this season I think the one that has caused the most problems is Justin's. His ability to play in three different positions is a big miss.

One of the main themes of my posts this season was the overplaying of Justin, Barnes and Tielemans. No matter what, they seemed to play. When asked about it, BR would respond quite bizarrely as far as I'm concerned. Something about them being either built to play a lot or young and therefore somehow impervious to injury.

He's got away with it in the case of Tielemans, although I maintain that he'd be a lot better had he had a few games off over the last few months. With Justin and Barnes, BR is responsible for ending their seasons as far as I'm concerned. They were ridiculously overplayed.

BR has been excellent this season but his management of several individual players has been awful. He's shot himself in the foot by ignoring opportunities to rest key players whilst putting in players that are clearly unfit at times.

With no discernable preseason and then 53 matches in 8 months, he spent about two months juggling resources brilliantly and the rest of the time making a total mess of it.

One of the main themes of my posts this season was the overplaying of Justin, Barnes and Tielemans. No matter what, they seemed to play. When asked about it, BR would respond quite bizarrely as far as I'm concerned. Something about them being either built to play a lot or young and therefore somehow impervious to injury.

He's got away with it in the case of Tielemans, although I maintain that he'd be a lot better had he had a few games off over the last few months. With Justin and Barnes, BR is responsible for ending their seasons as far as I'm concerned. They were ridiculously overplayed.

BR has been excellent this season but his management of several individual players has been awful. He's shot himself in the foot by ignoring opportunities to rest key players whilst putting in players that are clearly unfit at times.

With no discernable preseason and then 53 matches in 8 months, he spent about two months juggling resources brilliantly and the rest of the time making a total mess of it.
Agreed.

He hasn't learned how to manage in this niche.

At Liverpool he could rest players as the replacements were of similar quality. At Celtic he could rest anyone whenever he liked as they only had to turn up to win, whatever the lineup.

The careful balancing act you need at a club with our resources is currently beyond him. He is cautious to a fault by nature so he panics & plays the safe option rather than risk a change.

Overly cautious doesn't win things. A good plan, good coaching & good recruitment will see you always doing quite well. But ultimately if you're not one of the big boys & capable of spunking stupid money to improve your squad then you have to take the odd Hail Mary if you're going to win anything.

I don't think Brendan has that in him.

Schmeichel
Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Fuchs
Choudhry Mendy Ndidi
Tilemans
Iheanacho Perez
We def should make changes. I agree with not starting with Vardy or Maddison. But as bad as things are, the answer to the question is NEVER Choudhury. Unless that question is who should never start in the Leicester City midfield ever again.

I reckon it will be 5-0

Liverpool are coming up on the rails.

I think the best thing I can do is say we are doomed and say that I am ****ing off. That usually has the effect of making us an invincible force...

we are ****ed. I’m ****ing off.

Liverpool are coming up on the rails.

I think the best thing I can do is say we are doomed and say that I am ****ing off. That usually has the effect of making us an invincible force...

we are ****ed. I’m ****ing off.
TTFN dickhead.

So man u played there best 11 and Harry went off injured.

Surely the likes of Pogba, Fernandes and Cavani aren't going to play two games in two days with Liverpool coming up too.

Hopefully we'll see a unprepared and patched up side and are showponies will raise there game at old Trafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363