Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious to me that he's doubling down on the formation against Newcastle.

A back three of Castagne, Soyuncu and Fofana with Albrighton and Thomas as wing backs.

Perez replaces Madison role.

Not what I'd do but Ricardo and Madison had to be dropped. He clearly doesn't trust Fuchs or Praet either so the options are very limited.

If that’s the case we are ****ed

At least Maddison isn't playing....again

I've been getting in to a similar headspace on the 'cobbled together' sides leading to a better approach to these big games, but can't get past the idea of Greenwood or Rashford ghosting past Fuchs/Amartey/Thomas like they aren't there.
Wouldn't mind if we lined up like below. Save Maddison, Perez etc for the last 30 if needs beand also reserve the right to bring Amartey on and sit really deep.

Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Ricardo
Ndidi
Praet Tielemans Albrighton
Iheanacho Vardy

Never confident when Thomas plays. I think he's a good player with a bright future, but I rarely see us look settled with him in the side.

Add to that this will be the second season in a row where he has been drafted in late in the middle of a collapse and I do worry about the confidence of the lad.

That's the right XI in my opinion.

Whether it's the right system, who knows.

I think it will be 4-4-2 with Albrighton left and Perez right

I've been getting in to a similar headspace on the 'cobbled together' sides leading to a better approach to these big games, but can't get past the idea of Greenwood or Rashford ghosting past Fuchs/Amartey/Thomas like they aren't there.
Wouldn't mind if we lined up like below. Save Maddison, Perez etc for the last 30 if needs beand also reserve the right to bring Amartey on and sit really deep.

Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Ricardo
Ndidi
Praet Tielemans Albrighton
Iheanacho Vardy
No GK it will be like shooting fish in a barrel

If Castagne is at centre back again, I don’t think I’ll bother.

Please not Fernandes. I detest that bloke. And Pogba's just a class apart.

Please tell me that's a bollocks line-up.

Head-to-head

• Leicester have only won two of their 29 Premier League fixtures against Manchester United.
  • The Foxes solitary win in their past 22 top-flight visits to Old Trafford came on 31 January 1998, when Tony Cottee scored the only goal.
  • The Red Devils have scored in the subsequent 23 league matches between the sides since that defeat, which is their longest Premier League scoring streak against a single opponent.
Manchester United

• Manchester United are aiming to win five Premier League home games in a row for the first time since March 2018 under Jose Mourinho.
  • This is the first time the Red Devils have recorded consecutive top-four finishes in the Premier League since Sir Alex Ferguson retired as manager.
  • They have won 10 Premier League matches after conceding first this season, a record by a team in a single season in the competition.
  • United have picked up 31 points from losing positions, only three behind Newcastle United's Premier League record set in 2001-02.
  • Marcus Rashford has scored five Premier League goals against Leicester, more than against any other side.
  • Bruno Fernandes has scored 27 goals in all competitions this season, the most by a midfield player for a Premier League club in a single campaign since Frank Lampard also got 27 for Chelsea in 2009-10.
Leicester City

• Of Leicester's 10 Premier League defeats this season, only two were in away fixtures: 3-0 at Liverpool on 22 November and 3-2 at West Ham United on 11 April.
  • The Foxes have played back-to-back away league games without winning for the first time this season.
  • They could become only the fourth side in Premier League history to win away at Manchester United and Manchester City in a single season after Everton (1992-93), Middlesbrough (2003-04) and Liverpool (2008-09).
  • As a manager, Brendan Rodgers has lost 10 matches in all competitions against Manchester United - three more than he has against any other club.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 15 goals in his past 16 appearances in all competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363