Pre Match Manchester United vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends if BR goes defensive for this game hopefully he keeps the same formation. We have a pretty decent bench now with, Praet,Vardy,Ndidi and now Ricardo coming on to add more quality.

Manure and the Gooners are there for the taking we just need to turn up and deliver, I don't care if we lose as long as we have a go and lay some punches.

depends if BR goes defensive for this game hopefully he keeps the same formation. We have a pretty decent bench now with, Praet,Vardy,Ndidi and now Ricardo coming on to add more quality.

Manure and the Gooners are there for the taking we just need to turn up and deliver, I don't care if we lose as long as we have a go and lay some punches.
Tend to agree. I think our strength right now is our attack, although the back line does look much more assured with Souttar and Kristiansen. Both upgrades on who they have replaced. Perhaps our attack just has much more confident in the players behind them now, which is allowing them to express themselves more. Having scored eight goals against fairly tight defences, Rodgers would be mad to ask the team to go back into their shell. Go for it. Get right in their faces from the off.

Man Utd look strong at the minute. I’d be surprised if we go there and get anything. To be fair Leeds did but they had just sacked their useless manager.

Off the back of the last two performances I think we’ll go and give them a game at least, maybe score a goal and hopefully not gift them anything but let’s not get carried away.

Arsenal is the one. They’re wobbling, their manager’s bottom lip is going and if we can hit them hard and go tit for tat like we did with Spurs I think we can take them.

Got a swanky meal and a box seat for this one for me and the kids, courtesy of my eldest's boss who's United through and through. Luckily he's got a meeting in the States and can't make it so that's four of us in enemy territory!

Man United are shit.

However so were Chelsea and Liverpool when we went there and we very diligently did whatever we could to make sure that we found a way to lose.

Despite the last couple of results, I fully expect us to revert to being gutless surrender monkeys in this one.

Man United are shit.

However so were Chelsea and Liverpool when we went there and we very diligently did whatever we could to make sure that we found a way to lose.

Despite the last couple of results, I fully expect us to revert to being gutless surrender monkeys in this one.
Yep. Rodgers will pull a Rodgers and try to get us playing out slowly from the back again.

Yep. Rodgers will pull a Rodgers and try to get us playing out slowly from the back again.
Apart from the fact that almost every game we lose he says we didn’t play out quick enough and we were too slow with the ball?

Apart from the fact that almost every game we lose he says we didn’t play out quick enough and we were too slow with the ball?
And yet, he continues to play that way for a number of games afterwards. I do agree, it's unusual.

Go for the jugular, and we will create chances
However, have to make sure we take them , as Man U are getting in to the habit of finishing strong

Man U 2-2 with Barca tonight. Maybe distracted Sunday with an eye on the return leg.

Man U 2-2 with Barca tonight. Maybe distracted Sunday with an eye on the return leg.
Cup Final too the following weekend.

Hopefully they rest a few players (Rashford at least) for our game.

Referee: Stuart Attwell.
Assistants: Darren Cann, Ian Hussin.
Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies.

Head-to-head

• Leicester have avoided defeat in successive Premier League away games against Manchester United for the first time since 1977.
  • Manchester United have only lost four of the 33 Premier League meetings (D9, L20).
  • Two of those four Leicester victories were under Brendan Rodgers: 2-1 at Old Trafford in May 2021 and 4-2 at King Power Stadium in October 2021.

Manchester United

• Manchester United have earned an unrivalled 20 points since the Premier League resumed after the World Cup.
  • They have lost just three of their last 21 Premier League fixtures (W14, D4).
  • United are on an 11-match unbeaten league run at home, winning 10 and drawing the other.
  • Erik ten Hag's side have kept nine Premier League clean sheets this campaign, which is more than in the whole of last season.
  • Marcus Rashford can become the first United player to score in seven consecutive Premier League home games since Wayne Rooney in 2010.

Leicester City

• Leicester are aiming for three Premier League wins in a row for the first time in more than two years.
  • Their two most recent victories have come despite conceding first both times.
  • Only Brighton have scored more away goals than Leicester's tally of 21 in this season's Premier League. The Foxes have failed to score in just one of their away league matches this season.
  • Only Manchester City have scored more Premier League first-half goals than Leicester's 23 this season.
  • James Maddison has been involved in 21 goals in his last 19 Premier League starts, scoring 13 and assisting eight - but he has never scored against Manchester United.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho has been involved in five goals in his last two Premier League appearances, with two goals and three assists.

Not a great set of scores for us at the minute.

Some ****ing funny ones though

A goal so late the reporter had typed it up and ****ed off home.

D32F8A27-B267-4C72-8EF3-203F2B92282A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570