Maresca out

Getting rid of him now would probably further destabilise a club that is already on the brink of being in crisis. If we don't go up, I think it'll be panic stations all round.

However, if we do go up, I think he has to go. On too many occasions this season he's been out thought by Championship quality managers such as Robins and Farke (not to mention whoever manages QPR, Bristol and Plymouth).

Those aren't moans because we lost to these teams, it's a moan because on each occasion they had done their homework on our plan A, developed a decent plan to deal with our attack and countered us. We've seen it happen often, but where as the opposition has a plan to deal with our plan A, we've failed to develop (or even consider) a plan B.

Should we make it to the Premier League now, we'll be starting with a points deduction. To comply with the financial rules, we're going to have to assemble a squad on a budget that'll make Mickey's Misfits look like the galácticos. Which is going to require a siege mentality, ability to play through a potentially hostile home atmosphere and a heap of different approaches to winning a football match and I don't think Enzo is capable of that based on what we've seen.
Their homework on plan b and plan c took no time at all.

I agree that Maresca probably isn't the man to take us forward; he's had no plan at all when things go against us. We just play the same way no matter what, and it either works or it doesn't - first half of the season it worked extremely well, and then less well for a while after Christmas, then not working at all now - probably a sign of us being found out. But Maresca hasn't had a clue how or has been too stubborn to change it.

That's not a good sign for a manager when, if we do go up still, we'll be facing a very tough season next year.

However... I really can't see us ditching a manager who gets us promoted at the first time of asking. The club will back him, I just hope they don't wait too far into the season to make a change if it's needed.

Having a manger who doesn't change anything when things are going badly is going to be ****ing horrific next season if we do go up because we are going to get our arses handed to us on a regular basis imo

However... I really can't see us ditching a manager who gets us promoted at the first time of asking. The club will back him, I just hope they don't wait too far into the season to make a change if it's needed.

Not only that, but I suspect we'd give him a bumper new contract which we'll have to pay up when we inevitably sack him before Xmas.

Not only that, but I suspect we'd give him a bumper new contract which we'll have to pay up when we inevitably sack him before Xmas.

Hopefully one silver lining of our FFP concerns would be that it prevents us doing that.

But Rudkin probably stuck a clause in his contract that says he gets a 400% salary increase on promotion already.

He was given one job - to pick up the total and utter shitfest we were left with at the end of last season, and get us promoted

If he somehow manages to do that, regardless of how it happens, then of course they won’t sack him

Some people, FFS

Having a manger who doesn't change anything when things are going badly is going to be ****ing horrific next season if we do go up because we are going to get our arses handed to us on a regular basis imo
You only have to watch the Burnley shitshow every week to know how true that is.

If everything goes as it looks like going & he remains the same manager he is. He'll be gone in late November, regardless of which league we're in. Not before. Unless he walks in the summer of his own accord after getting a better offer.

He did actually say the moment the fans get on his back he be gone. So maybe he will save us the bother.

That is because
You only have to watch the Burnley shitshow every week to know how true that is.
That is because Burnley would not adapt and stop playing suicidal football out from the back against teams that love to hit you with a high press. Oh shit wait a minute I think the Championship managers have clicked on to that as well.

9 games in to the 2016/17 season Ranieri was sacked, despite just winning the Premier league.
Regardless whether we get promoted or not, Maresca will not be sacked, because Top is not his father.

9 games in to the 2016/17 season Ranieri was sacked, despite just winning the Premier league.
Regardless whether we get promoted or not, Maresca will not be sacked, because Top is not his father.
Sacking your son would be a bit harsh. But, tough love and all that.

9 games in to the 2016/17 season Ranieri was sacked
Ah! But that must have been in the days when Premier League clubs played just one game a month with a couple more thrown in around Christmas.

Does it look like they're playing for him at the moment?
Mostly yep. Harry Winks has even described him as the best manager he's ever had.

Patson Daka is playing hard, but is totally bereft of confidence. I guess the only player you could question is Wout (cap my ears to the fans) Faes who clearly has attitude issues regardless.

I don't see anything like what I saw during the Ranieri, Puel, Rodgers declines. Yet.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463