Mark Bunn

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the OS:

Leicester City have this evening completed the signing of Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper Mark Bunn for a one-month loan period, subject to Football League approval.

The 24-year old joins the Foxes to ease an injury headache which has seen three goalkeepers sidelined ahead of Tuesday's visit to Hartlepool.

David Martin was forced from the field with a rib injury during Saturday's 1-1 draw with Swindon town, while Paul Henderson (groin) and Alex Cisak (wrist) are also currently ruled out.

That left Carl Pentney to make his first senior appearance when replacing Martin at the weekend.

But while City boss Nigel Pearson was quick to praise the efforts of the youngster, he acknowledged the need for more experience in the side during their upcoming run of fixtures.

He said: "Carl performed very well when he came in against Swindon under what were very difficult circumstances, but we need a player with greater experience in that area.

"Mark played a number of first team games during his time with Northampton. I am very grateful to Sam Allardyce and Blackburn Rovers for sanctioning this move."

Bunn signed his first professional contract at Northampton Town in 2004 and made 90 appearances for the Cobblers before his switch to the Premier League in August 2008.

He went on to make his first team debut for Rovers in the 1-0 FA Cup third round victory over Blyth Spartans in January.

The player will join up with the rest of the Leicester City squad ahead of Tuesday's League One clash against Hartlepool at Victoria Park.

Bunn has been handed the number 33 shirt.

Blackburn have a 24-hour recall option on the player during his stay at the Walkers.

Expected us to get someone in, but nice to see we've got it sorted so quickly.

Know nothing about him, but hopefully he does a good job.

Interesting that he's their regular 2nd choice goal keeper. Good enough for the bench in the premiership, so I'm pretty happy with this addition albeit only for 1 month.

He was good for me when I signed him on Football Manager...... :icon_wink

i always thought he was going to follow in his father's steps and go into the baking trade...

So what is wrong with Logan, apart from the obvious that NP thinks he is crap!?

By the way it sounded like Pentney more than acquitted himself for a young debut.

How much dough are we paying for this loan deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669