Speculation Mark Schwarzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that Schmeichel is on his way? There was plenty of interest in him earlier in the season and with him on a long and expensive contract there would be a decent fee for him. Now with Hamer having proved he can do the job and a decent stand-by keeper at the club, perhaps the club think the money could be better spent. I'm really not sure about the talk surrounding Schmeichel's alleged injury.

An interesting theory. He was entirely droppable when the injury happened. Perhaps a move to save face.

big fan of Kasper but he has been poor this season in my opinion. Wasn't commamding his area and seemed glued to the line at times.

I don't know much about goalkeeping but to my eyes Hamer has been better than Kasper this year.

An interesting theory. He was entirely droppable when the injury happened. Perhaps a move to save face.

big fan of Kasper but he has been poor this season in my opinion. Wasn't commamding his area and seemed glued to the line at times.

I don't know much about goalkeeping but to my eyes Hamer has been better than Kasper this year.
Agreed. Since Kasper hasn't played yet this year

Is this enough to make it a confirmed thread?

Veteran goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer is joining Leicester City, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has confirmed.

The 42-year-old, previously of Fulham, acted as Petr Cech’s stand-in last season but has not made an appearance for the Blues this term.

“I want to publicly thank Mark Schwarzer because he is leaving us,” Mourinho said after the 3-0 FA Cup third-round win over Watford.

“As a goalkeeper when we needed him he was there for us, and as a professional and a person he was an amazing guy in our group

“So on behalf of my staff and players we want to say we are going to miss the big guy and we wish him all the best at his new life at Leicester.”

Who is the oldest player to play for Leicester?

Actually it is Joe Calvert. But if Schwarzer ever plays for us he'll beat that record and of course Kevin Phillips' record as oldest debutant.

Last edited:
Only a bit of an idiot would have thought it likely that Kasper would have been fit within a few weeks timeframe given the club's description of the injury.

Signing an experienced keeper asap has always looked necessary. Schwarzer - if it happens - fits the bill.

We need a further two or three quality signings if we're serious about having a real shot at getting out of the mire.

Linked with a Celtic defender who looks like an alcoholic homeless man.

What? Schwarzer's linked with an alcoholic Celtic man?

Efe Ambrose

My original description may have been harsh, the photo in the paper did him no favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566