Speculation Mark Schwarzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
But.....

What about Conrad Logan?

Nige mentioned Kasper is three weeks off at least and the injury still needs reviewing at that stage. Hamer was also injured earlier this year.

Yeah, the language he used was very non-specific. Had me fearing the worst (for Kasper at least...Hamer has been pretty good for Citeh).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...cester-City-until-the-end-of-next-season.html

‎Mark Schwarzer is set to complete a surprise move to Leicester City, bringing his Chelsea career to an end after 18 months.
Schwarzer is understood to have said his goodbyes to Chelsea players and staff on Friday and has been in talks with Leicester over a deal which runs to the end of the 2015-16 season.
The 42-year-old has held talks wit‎h Nigel Pearson and is on the verge of joining the Premier League strugglers as competition for Ben Hamer. By sanctioning the departure of his No3 goalkeeper, the possibility that Jose Mourinho will allow Petr Cech to leave on loan or be sold during the January window has become less likely.
Leicester have moved for another goalkeeper amid concerns over the fitness of Kasper Schmeichel, who broke a metatarsal in training last month.
Schwar‎zer could make his debut against Newcastle United in the FA Cup this weekend. The Australian international has not played a game for Mourinho this season. Signed from Fulham in July 2013 after five seasons at Craven Cottage, he made 12 appearances for their west London neighbours.

18 month deal to a 42 year old. *shakes head violently*

If Stowell is in charge of our offensive and defensive set pieces as suggested in many places. I'm not happy with him either.

All over the news here in oz.

Why would we be signing a 42 year old keeper?

Because Schmeichel's injury is worse than feared?

God only knows...

I reckon Kasper is going to be out for a while longer.

Nige mentioned Kasper is three weeks off at least.

Is it possible that Schmeichel is on his way? There was plenty of interest in him earlier in the season and with him on a long and expensive contract there would be a decent fee for him. Now with Hamer having proved he can do the job and a decent stand-by keeper at the club, perhaps the club think the money could be better spent. I'm really not sure about the talk surrounding Schmeichel's alleged injury.

Is it possible that Schmeichel is on his way? There was plenty of interest in him earlier in the season and with him on a long and expensive contract there would be a decent fee for him. Now with Hamer having proved he can do the job and a decent stand-by keeper at the club, perhaps the club think the money could be better spent. I'm really not sure about the talk surrounding Schmeichel's alleged injury.
Ah! A conspiracy theory. I like it. But I like tits better.

But, do you think Kasper's performances this season have strengthened his case for another Premier team wanting him? Could a Championship club afford him now he's on an expensive contract?

But, do you think Kasper's performances this season have strengthened his case for another Premier team wanting him? Could a Championship club afford him now he's on an expensive contract?

I suspect there may be clubs who think they can get better performances out of him than we have recently. And more importantly, that he will perform better than what they have in their squad at the moment. That together with our realisation that we can manage without him might just mean he is on the move.

We'll just have to watch this (or an adjacent) space.

I suspect there may be clubs who think they can get better performances out of him than we have recently. And more importantly, that he will perform better than what they have in their squad at the moment. That together with our realisation that we can manage without him might just mean he is on the move.

We'll just have to watch this (or an adjacent) space.

I won't believe it until I read it in The Canterbury Mercury (or whatever it may be called).

Blimey, front page news. We must have a strong following in Canterbury.
Perhaps Top should buy a feeder club in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566