Martin Jol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reverse 15 or so hours, Phil Gartside sat at the Reebok Stadium convincing himself that his appointment of Gary Megson was the right decision, he was the only realistic appointment, the only truly best option available to Bolton when on Sky Sports News he hears :

SSN Presenter " Breaking news, Martin Jol to leave Spurs with immediate effect"

Gartside " Oh fcuk what have I done "

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Reverse 15 or so hours, Phil Gartside sat at the Reebok Stadium convincing himself that his appointment of Gary Megson was the right decision, he was the only realistic appointment, the only truly best option available to Bolton when on Sky Sports News he hears :

I was thinking that too. How gutted do they feel now.:icon_lol:

Or more likely - Gartside: "The fact that Martin Jol is leaving Spurs is totally irrelevant. A bloke from the glam side of football with about £4m in his pocket and the prospect of a job with Ajax is about as likely to be remotely interested in Bolton Wanderers....as he would be in Leicester City".

Bolton are in europe, so Jol might have been interested. If megson is given the boot now and they appoint Jol, i will be in stitches.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

ac3p-778750.jpg

Newts... what you do in your own time is your business, but this forum is neither the place or is it the time to post pictures of yourself in the vain hope of hocking yourself around the not rights as a potential money spinner and night time partner... :icon_wink

PS - Were you in the Tory Party?

Last edited:
I dont want a fecking manager anymore, why can we not be the first club without a manager and then win everything in sight.....:102:

Bolton are in europe, so Jol might have been interested. If megson is given the boot now and they appoint Jol, i will be in stitches.

Bolton are in Europe in as much as they are in a sideshow, the UEFA Cup - that has little or no importance and is more of a distraction for clubs from the Premiership than anything else. Getting into the competition represents a sort of bench mark and kudos in that you need to be around the top seven, but that is about it. It is presented by sub-premium television where the cameras usually reveal vast areas of empty seats e.g. all of 10,000 flocked to the game at Bolton last night. There was a decent turn out at White Hart Lane last night because Spurs are Spurs.

Jol is on the fringe of the elite managers for elite clubs group.....and he really ain't going to be interested in a struggling, small town club like Bolton. Man City, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham ...and such would be his sort of level. But in anycase, he will almost certainly go back to mainland Europe - probably a job at Ajax in my opinion.

Bolton are in Europe in as much as they are in a sideshow, the UEFA Cup - that has little or no importance and is more of a distraction for clubs from the Premiership than anything else. Getting into the competition represents a sort of bench mark and kudos in that you need to be around the top seven, but that is about it. It is presented by sub-premium television where the cameras usually reveal vast areas of empty seats e.g. all of 10,000 flocked to the game at Bolton last night. There was a decent turn out at White Hart Lane last night because Spurs are Spurs.

Jol is on the fringe of the elite managers for elite clubs group.....and he really ain't going to be interested in a struggling, small town club like Bolton. Man City, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham ...and such would be his sort of level. But in anycase, he will almost certainly go back to mainland Europe - probably a job at Ajax in my opinion.

I don't think Tottenham were any better when he joined.

I don't think Tottenham were any better when he joined.

In terms of league position you are not far off - but in terms of status there is a million miles between Bolton and Spurs. My guess is that it would be easier to attract a top manager and quality players to Spurs in the Championship than Bolton in the Prem.

However, people wishing misery on Bolton, I think, are on a good thing. Come January, no one much cop is likely to want to go there and particularly with Megson in charge. What we now see at Bolton is a measure of how good a job Big Sam did.

However, people wishing misery on Bolton, I think, are on a good thing. Come January, no one much cop is likely to want to go there and particularly with Megson in charge. What we now see at Bolton is a measure of how good a job Big Sam did.

Precisely my point. The players we have are not brilliant but are good enough, as evidenced by their performances against Villa and in 'The match that never happened'! They just need a very good manager!

Newts... what you do in your own time is your business, but this forum is neither the place or is it the time to post pictures of yourself in the vain hope of hocking yourself around the not rights as a potential money spinner and night time partner... :icon_wink

PS - Were you in the Tory Party?

you took the pic you tart :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

and No i was not :icon_evil :098::icon_bigg;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669