Martyn Glover - Time to Shine?

Brown Nose

There will be many factors that will determine how our return to the PL will go. Most obviously, the impending points deduction that we'll face and our inability to throw money about.

But the main person we'll be relying on over the next four months is Martyn Glover. He's now been in post for two years following his shambolic arrival when Southampton refused to allow him to work for us until after the 22/23 summer transfer window. His first signings were Souttar, Kristiansen and Tete. And we all know how they worked out. His relationship with BR didn't seem likely to work from day one as BR finally had his control of recruitment wrestled away.

EM has spoken this week about his relationship with MG. He gave full credit to MG for the identification and signing of Fatawu. Other obvious successes this season are Hermansen and Mavididi. The signing of Winks was hardly an unknown player but a smart signing for the circumstances. The other recruits have made much less of a contribution to our season. The signings of Coady and Cannon just haven't worked out. The loan deals for Akgun, Doyle and Casadei were pretty uninspiring.

So what now?

MG now knows the sort of players EM will need. They've had plenty of time to look around and prepare for this summer. Our problem is a lack of budget and a bloated squad still desperately in need of a major cull.

We have six players out of contract (Vardy, Albrighton, Vestergaard, Praet, Iheanacho and Ndidi). You'd imagine the decision with Iheanacho, Albrighton and Praet are simple enough. They haven't featured much and we'll have to take losses on them. The others all have played their part this season and you can see EM wanting them to stay. Of the loan players, Fatawu will be made permanent but you'd expect Akgun and Doyle to leave.

Then there are the players already on loan (Iversen, Soumare, Kristiansen) who are all surplus to requirements so MG needs to get them sold. And those in the squad but not probably not part of our future (Ward, Coady, Souttar, Daka, Cannon).

The finances appear to be dictating that we raise funds urgently before the end of June. Dewsbury-Hall is the prime candidate for this due to his book value to us and we might also look to sell on people like McAteer to raise a bit. We might have to take offers to players we don't want to lose in order to make other changes. For example, it wouldn't be a surprise to see someone come in for Hermansen. Even someone like Alves could be vulnerable if a richer club sees his potential and we're not able to say no.

All that leaves us with the need for a lot of cheap loans, free transfers and smart signings. And that's where MG really becomes integral to our immediate future. Will we go back for Sensi now he's free? We're going to need a few players in and he's going to need to get a lot of them right for us to have a chance next year.

Apart from Fatawu we are looking for freebies and bargain basement stuff, unfortunately

Our main problem is up front. If we offer Vardy a cut price deal, and he takes it, we all know he’s more likely to be an impact sub or maybe one start in three

The other players we have aren’t even remotely close to being anywhere near Premier League standard. I’d argue they aren’t Championship level.

With a points deduction inevitable, we are going to need goals to get us over the line.

I think Cannon and Coady should be offered deals but I don’t think Daka will cut it regardless.

The rules of FFP are going to be scrapped before the Man City and Chelsea investigations are complete so it is worth considering how we increase our income to buy new players on sensible wages.

I don’t see doom and gloom.

I don't think we're going to see any big sales before June as the club has never accepted these charges so I can't see us trying to play ball now we are promoted, and therefore free from the EFL shackles for a season at least.

It may not be the safest option but the club may think we have a better long term security if we just say bollocks to the EFL rules and give us the best possible chance of staying up and therefore not having to worry about any EFL sanctions as they see us as being as long term PL club. It's not necessarily what I would do, but everything the club has done so far suggest we are more likely to do this imo.

Plus there isn't any certainty we are going to breach EFL rules this year. I'm sure I read something about us selling the naming rights to the training ground to another company within the KP Group, or some other dodgy shit like that, plus the club have challenged any sanctions so I'm almost certain we will cook the books in some extremely dubious sort of way.

Cut our cloth accordingly
Take it on the chin

With no expectations but plenty of hope, (17th or above) next season will be an interesting one .

Cannon has done nothing wrong when he's played & if Daka gets shunted out I see no reason for Cannon not to stay. Also Coady has been underused for whatever reason. No reason either of them shouldn't be given a chance to be involved as I can't really see us being able to afford better without spending over the odds.
I feel Yunus has been unfortunate in that he's hardly played in his preferred position. But yes, I can't see him staying. I guess we'll never know how good he could have been.

We need a big centre forward. Someone like Ulloa would do (obviously not Ulloa - he's a bit old now). We also need some hard-working, competant players like Fuchs (obviosuly not Fuchs, he's a bit old now). If we can find a couple of diamonds in the rough, like Kante, Albrighton, Okazaki, then that would be good (obviously not Okazaki - he's a bit old now, and obviously not Albrighton - he's a bit old now plus we already have him so no point signing him again because that would be stupid, and obviously not Kante because he turned out to be a bit of a dick and besides, he's playing in the desert for loads of cash so can't see him being partcularly keen on returning to the club that made him.)

So, really, we need to find players of that mould, but obviosuly not actual mould as that stuff is kinda gross and isn't going to be particularly helpful in the footballing arena, unless it can get into the oppositions meals and perhaps into their under garments do give them nasty itches and stuff.

What am I talking about?

Yeah I don't really get where that came from either.
Remember when he missed his Eurostar train and he bumped into some random people who recognised him and he ended up going round to theirs for dinner and just hung out and played FIFA?

Or when his Leicester teammates used to take the piss because he’d catch the bus to places or walk and had a relatively cheap car for a footballer and it was his pride and joy?

WHAT. A. ****.

Didn't he (Kante) scrub all his socials of anything related to Leicester City after his dream move to scab club Chelsea? That was what my dick comment related to. I may be wrong. I do have history.

Didn't he (Kante) scrub all his socials of anything related to Leicester City after his dream move to scab club Chelsea? That was what my dick comment related to. I may be wrong. I do have history.
If winning the premier league with us is a stepping stone to his “dream club” I don’t know if I have an objection.
He can scrub his socials. He’s still going to be remembered mostly for one of them and it ain’t at Stamford Bridge

If winning the premier league with us is a stepping stone to his “dream club” I don’t know if I have an objection.
He can scrub his socials. He’s still going to be remembered mostly for one of them and it ain’t at Stamford Bridge

Just seemed a bit of a dick move, and kind of disrespectful. Maybe it's just me, but if he did indeed scrub his socials then for me that's enough to be called a bit of a dick. No?

He took Saudi blood money.

He's a ****.
A dick and a ****, wow. What a fall from grace. To be fair, he is still part of our legacy and will always have a special place in my heart. Just a shame the way he went after our title.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663