Mary Elizabeth Truss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Thoughts on that?

We're actually going to have to listen to this woman's opinions on pressing matters on a regular basis

And there's me saying that some of our fans are making shit suggestions for our next leader, sheesh, I take it all back :icon rolleyes:

Terrible. The state this country is in is unbelievable.

A decent opposition would have annihilated the Cameron / May / Boris administrations.

Incidentally, I voted for Cameron, May and Boris because the other options were incomprehensibly bad. I would happily vote for Starmer because in my opinion Truss is much worse.

The selfishness of the Tory membership to vote for a small tax cut for themselves while leaving millions of poorer people unable to heat their homes is a horrible reflection of modern society.

She's a magic eightball of stock phrases to appeal to the octagenarian party members

Low taxes, will sort out civil service, Brexit opportunities, bloody French, blah blah blah

She has no vision, no plan other than trying to stay in and the intelligence of a dog turd

I notice she said she'd deliver deliver deliver. Three deliveries! Funny that. My last three takeaway deliveries have been cold, late, incorrect. Probably a similar delivery triple coming to the British public I fear.

One other noticeable comment was that she said that she would lead to conservatives to a great victory in 2024. Have some ****ing guts and call an election now instead of strangling another two years out of the country, will you?

She has no vision, no plan other than trying to stay in and the intelligence of a dog turd
Does she know our Brendan? They sound like they may get along!

I don't think she even appeals to the people she's supposed to... the fair-weather Tory voters

Despite all her Thatcher cosplay

If she lowers utility bills, how will she pay for it? If she doesn't... buckle up for a winter where small and medium businesses go under and the vulnerable pile up

I think part of Boris's appeal was "oh he's seems a funny chap and says it will work, let's give him a chance"

I don't get that from Truss

I think the electorate now say.... Truss seems dreadful and Starmer seems boring

I notice she said she'd deliver deliver deliver. Three deliveries! Funny that. My last three takeaway deliveries have been cold, late, incorrect. Probably a similar delivery triple coming to the British public I fear.

One other noticeable comment was that she said that she would lead to conservatives to a great victory in 2024. Have some ****ing guts and call an election now instead of strangling another two years out of the country, will you?
Starmer, as useless as he is, would still be popping open the champagne if she did call an election

If I were Starmer, I would fancy ripping her a new one in PMQs whilst she either breaks her "no handouts" flannel or the country goes to pot over winter

And, bizarrely, Labour has a credible proposal for the the ultilities' bills

Though he's not my usual reference point on matters of policy and governance, a couple of things Dominic Cummings has written are interesting as regards the regime in power (which remains the same, continuity Boris).

The well known one being Cummings' description of Truss as "Out of all the [Johnson] cabinet, she's the nearest thing to proper crackers".

Even more so, Cummings was appalled by the industrial scale leaking going on from the time of Brexit onwards, and by the time he left, said that most of the senior Civil Servants around Whitehall and Downing Street were noticably silent during meetings, "stress testing" of policy initiatives, crisis talks etc, as anything they did say was liable to be leaked - and consequently risk being career destroying. According to Cummings the most prodigious, borderline obsessive leaker is Truss.

I presume a lot of the fantasy guff she has come out with in the last three months will vanish - but whether the Government machine will become the well-oiled machine it (was a long time since) needs to be to live with the policy swerves and handbrake turns seems a long shot.

Very reminiscent of our own dear club, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363