Mascots

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so good to see that the club is treating the next generatoin of fans so well. [/sarcasm]

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/premier-league-clubs-charge-600-children-mascots

Interesting - this issue came up a couple of years ago when, as I recall, all but a couple of clubs were charging, so it would seem the overall picture has improved.

We do seem to be surprisingly expensive, but at least the article indicates that in most other respects our prices for kids are among the lowest.

It's been free for years - selected at random from Junior Foxes and junior season ticket holders

Are you saying it's still free or that's why it should be?

Think one of the mascots is still selected in that way. It has always been done like this, and is a nice thing to do

The other pays a quite ridiculous price to do it

Or maybe they both have to pay this year

Either way it's pathetic penny pinching of the highest order

Cliff will be ****ing livid, Pearson out!

The package includes a full kit, presumably tickets for the game for the child and two parents, plus some hospitality. Doesn't seem to be overly expensive to me.

Can't find any kind of reductions for seniors though!

The package includes a full kit, presumably tickets for the game for the child and two parents, plus some hospitality. Doesn't seem to be overly expensive to me.

When my lad did it,the Club gave him a full kit for free, didn't have to pay for tickets as we both had STs. Reduced ticket prices for any relatives who wanted to come along. It was excellent, and a genuine luck of the draw opportunity for any Junior Fox.

Now you only get to do if you can afford it.

Modern football is shit

When my lad did it,the Club gave him a full kit for free, didn't have to pay for tickets as we both had STs. Reduced ticket prices for any relatives who wanted to come along. It was excellent, and a genuine luck of the draw opportunity for any Junior Fox.

Now you only get to do if you can afford it.

Modern football is shit

I agree the cost is high, however if it was only for foxes juniors and members before then it was still excluding the poorest and was never truly free. I agree about modern football though.

Junior Foxes was free when I was a kid. Training days at Belvoir drive and an annual sports day.
I never got to be mascot but was named as reserve 3 times.

This was c. 25 years ago though

I agree the cost is high, however if it was only for foxes juniors and members before then it was still excluding the poorest and was never truly free. I agree about modern football though.

Being a Junior Fox is completely free

Years ago my kids were very excited by the prospect of being chosen to be a mascot, which then was always free, but it never happened as they grew up. Personally I don't think there should be a charge - or it becomes the realm of only the rich and not a dream anymore. I would never be able to afford such a thing but why should my kids have that chance taken away from them because I can't afford it. Yes I know that most things will only ever be available to only the wealthy but it would be nice to keep some dreams alive for all kids, no matter their family income.

Fair enough then, it is a bit shitty if they've just started charging this season.

Might be a couple of seasons - not really sure

Still shitty. Come and be a mascot if you've got the money

Otherwise, feck off and die....

Fair enough then, it is a bit shitty if they've just started charging this season.

I'm sure they've been charging for a number of seasons. You even have to pay for a birthday message.

Would someone, say a pregnant woman, have to pay for a message if she was in labour? I only ask because i fancy getting some fit bint up the duff but dont want any unexpected financial penalties. And would it be cheaper to do this were we in the Championship?

Honestly, they ought to sort out this kind of information for people who were at school in the 80s. This is just the kind of thing so-called politicians don't address these days. God bless Nigel ****tard for having the wherewithal to take on the things that people like me care about.

Would someone, say a pregnant woman, have to pay for a message if she was in labour? I only ask because i fancy getting some fit bint up the duff but dont want any unexpected financial penalties. And would it be cheaper to do this were we in the Championship?

Honestly, they ought to sort out this kind of information for people who were at school in the 80s. This is just the kind of thing so-called politicians don't address these days. God bless Nigel ****tard for having the wherewithal to take on the things that people like me care about.

We could maybe do with one of them there public information films that we used to watch at school in the 80s, they taught you everything about stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669