Match 4 - Moocastle FC - 1945

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were beaten by a far superior team tonight. Why on earth goals have placed them in our division is beyond me.

Was a good game. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was nice to play against a team who weren't just there to try to kick ten barrels out fo you.

After winning division 3 and 2 on the the trot on Wednesdays, I also can't see any logic in placing us in division 4.

It was nice to see a team try to play the ball around, even if it didn't always come off. From my view in goal, there were probably a few times where the chance was had to take a shot, but instead the pace was slowed down and the ball passed around. In my experience, it's always those situations where it's difficult for the keeper.

In my opinion, on those pitches, i'm much more wary of shots from distance, as the ball can skid off the surface or take a deflection very easily. As well, because it can get quite crowded, it can be hard for the keeper to see the shot until it's too late.

We were very lucky in the fact that every shot we had, seemed to hit the target. But we've learned that we've got to try to get early shots in, and be ready to follow up for the rebound. Sometimes we can't hit the target for toffee.

Was a good game. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was nice to play against a team who weren't just there to try to kick ten barrels out fo you.

It was nice to see a team try to play the ball around, even if it didn't always come off. From my view in goal, there were probably a few times where the chance was had to take a shot, but instead the pace was slowed down and the ball passed around. In my experience, it's always those situations where it's difficult for the keeper.

Much agreed on the first point. I said to your striker who made me look like a Blackpool donkey that I hope you have a good season because you're a lot less moany than the majority. Having played all the teams in the division, you're better than the most of them through football ability. Not the physical or sportsmenship like many down there.

I agree with your quick shot comment as well. My Dad always tells me it's best to hit it early, either if wild because the goalie doesn't settle.

Much agreed on the first point. I said to your striker who made me look like a Blackpool donkey that I hope you have a good season because you're a lot less moany than the majority. Having played all the teams in the division, you're better than the most of them through football ability. Not the physical or sportsmenship like many down there.

I agree with your quick shot comment as well. My Dad always tells me it's best to hit it early, either if wild because the goalie doesn't settle.

I always shoot on sight, regardless of where i am on the pitch. If someone is also following the rebound (usualy off of the back board :icon_lol:) then it isn't always a waste of posession.

The way i've always seen it is that if you have thirty shots per game, there's a chance that anywhere from 5-10 could realistically go in, take a deflection and beat the keeper, or rebound to someone else with a shooting opportunity.

If you only have five shots on goal, realistically you'll probably miss two or three of them.

As a keeper, I know that in those goals it can be very difficult to get down to the corners, let alone keep doing it. You'd be very surprised how tiring it can be in goal, and if the keeper has been tested throughout the game, it can benefit you during the last 10-15 minutes as he'll be tiring a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669