Matchday parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

footballnut08

Hi there, im a newbie to this forum and a releative newbie to attending matches. Im going to be starting to come to home games around Late September because ive landed a new job which means i dont have to work saturdays! RESULT!

Where is best for parking for leicester city home matches?
I have read that parking at rugby stadium is ok for £3 is this true?
If anyone has a postcode for where I could park I would be extremely grateful for any help recieved.

Many thanks

What a fantastic start to the season!!!

Next to rugby ground is definitely cheapest.
The electricity sports cricket ground is good as well, its £4 per match. Go down Brazil St (next to the mazda garage) from Aylestone Rd, then take first left to the car park. Best to get there before 2 as it usually fills up quite early. (Postcode LE2 7LN)

There are other smaller carparks (mostly factory basements) around Brazil St / Burnmoor St that all seem to charge around a fiver.

Good luck!

If you don't mind walking and saving yourself the hassle of waiting your car for traffic to clear. Park off the top part of Narborough Rd and walk through. Street parking. Free albeit unprotected, never once had a problem there.

I always park around Western Road. Never had a problem and, with most street parking, it's free!

Last edited:
Hi there, im a newbie to this forum and a releative newbie to attending matches. Im going to be starting to come to home games around Late September because ive landed a new job which means i dont have to work saturdays! RESULT!

Where is best for parking for leicester city home matches?
I have read that parking at rugby stadium is ok for £3 is this true?
If anyone has a postcode for where I could park I would be extremely grateful for any help recieved.

Many thanks

What a fantastic start to the season!!!

Am I the only one who thinks this post looks a bit odd?

Am I the only one who thinks this post looks a bit odd?

Maybe he's only 1 year old, I mean he's called footballnut08 and he's only recently started going to matches.

Last edited:
Just get the bus it is much more cheaper and convinient.

Cheaper? Not when you have a company car with paid for petrol :icon_bigg

Convinient (sic)? The bus? Are you serious?

I usually park at the Leicester Rowing Club at the bottom of Upperton Rd by the Liberty statue.

It costs a fiver, but, if I have to pay for parking, I would sooner it went to fund a local sports venture than to just line someone's pockets.

I usually park at the Leicester Rowing Club at the bottom of Upperton Rd by the Liberty statue.

It costs a fiver, but, if I have to pay for parking, I would sooner it went to fund a local sports venture than to just line someone's pockets.

Sometimes I have to park on the industrial estate at Freemans Common. That's usually £4 and the money goes to charity (Meningitis research I think).

Problem is it's a pain in the arse to get out after the match.

We park on one of the side streets just off Tudor Road, never had a problem and always spaces. Bit of a walk though.

i park in one of those carparks in Freemans Common.....but i havent paid the £4 they want since 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566