Mattock - on his way out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bald reynard

Am I the only one thinking that Mattock could be on his way out of the club - as he is in (effectively) the Reserve squad (at Loughborough) for this weekends fixtures (I can't see anyone else in that squad who could be described as a 'First Team certainty' !) ?

Last edited:
Am I the only one thinking that Mattock could be on his way out of the club - as he is in (effectively) the Reserve squad (at Loughborough) for this weekends fixtures (I can't see anyone else in that squad who could be described as a 'First Team certainty' !) ?

Gradel, N'Guessan, Brown, Dickov - probably all be in the squad to face Swansea

Gradel, N'Guessan, Brown, Dickov - probably all be in the squad to face Swansea

ALL names that are only likely to be First Team subs - I can't see any of those 4 being in a starting XI, unless we have injuries. I maintain the Loughborough squad looks like a Reserve team - and Mattock (the only potential first team 'starter' there) is likely to be sold !

ALL names that are only likely to be First Team subs - I can't see any of those 4 being in a starting XI, unless we have injuries. I maintain the Loughborough squad looks like a Reserve team - and Mattock (the only potential first team 'starter' there) is likely to be sold !

God No! Aaaaargh!

God No! Aaaaargh!

Quite - but I'm afraid that there are people here who don't understand that whilst it's relatively easy to criticise young players - for not being the complete article in their teens and it's not that difficult to sell on such players - it's not quite so easy for a club like Leicester to actually acquire a left sided young England defender.

So we'd start our season with just Dyer as our only out and out winger in the first 11, and you'd have Morrisson ahead of Brown to partener Hobbs seeing as Tunchev might not be back by then? Reading far too much into the selections for friendlies against non league and amateur opposition.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind if we cashed in on Mattock now as Berner is equally as good and more experienced.

So we'd start our season with just Dyer as our only out and out winger in the first 11, and you'd have Morrisson ahead of Brown to partener Hobbs seeing as Tunchev might not be back by then? Reading far too much into the selections for friendlies against non league and amateur opposition.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind if we cashed in on Mattock now as Berner is equally as good and more experienced.

Plus the fact that he will probably leave for a minimal compensation fee next summer if we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669