Max Gradel!!!! Leeds view

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzles

What a great piece of business!!! 200k and still only 23.
I remember hearing a few mixed stories when you sold him but he has been nothing short of fantastic this season. 7 goals already in the championship,not always played as a striker also and has been pretty much a starter from the first game this season. bags of pace, tricky and worth the 200k. Not sure what happened and why he was never a strarter for u lot in the CCC but he is a big part of a promotion pushing team this season.

Worst thing Nigel ever did was let him go.

I rated Max very highly and was gutted when he left. I know he was very hit and miss but on his day he was a match winner and a crowd pleaser and it was clear to me that despite this inconsistency he had the talent, passion and desire to overcome it. He had a very hard time in his personal life towards the end of his time with us and I'm sure that didn't help.

I believe he will make a decent premiership player in time.

I know a lot of people on here don't share this view and that's fair enough.

Personally I felt he fell victim to the Mandaric policy of 'sell anything of worth for whatever anyone's willing to pay', the same policy which robbed us of Mattock, Stearman, Hume, McCauley and so on. I still question how much Pearson had to say on the matter.

Personally I felt he fell victim to the Mandaric policy of 'sell anything of worth for whatever anyone's willing to pay', the same policy which robbed us of Mattock, Stearman, Hume, McCauley and so on. I still question how much Pearson had to say on the matter.

Mandaric ???

Hume left after we were relegated. Stearmen & Mattock left because they where money grabbing wankers?

I missed the game yesterday. Saw his goal on tv, he couldn't miss from there. I'd be interested to hear how he play in general?

Nowt special, to be honest - decent enough, but can't say he had an amazing game, because he didn't. Can't think of much he did of note

His goal was gifted to him on a plate

He's been a good player for Leeds this season when starting and coming off the bench. It looks like he was a victim of our transfer and squad policy at the time. I think he was unhappy that he wasn't playing as regularly as he would have liked after having a decent season for us in League 1. He put in his transfer request because he wanted regular football and I believe both Mandaric and Pearson let him go. Shame really.

Was nice to see his muted celebrations yesterday too as at Elland Road he got a fair bit of stick from the traveling supporters in the 2nd round of the League cup so he could have quite easily have felt hard done by by some of the supporters.

Fair play to the lad for kick-starting his career at a decent club. I hope it works out for him. With City, he was far too often pretty to watch but completely ineffective. I lost count of the number of times I came away from games thinking 'what on earth does that boy actually do?'

Mandaric had no such policy. he was desperate to get us in the Premier League so why would he sell players unless they wanted to go?

Gradel has said publicly, only this week, HE DID NOT GET ON WITH PEARSON.

Can't be arsed to check all the posts, but I seem to remember Gradel thought he should be automatic first choice right wing. The reality was that occasionally he would show a clever bit of stepover or whatever, but 9 times out of 10 he either didn't or couldn't make a cross into the area.

will always have a soft spot for Gradel after that goal against MK Dons, and respect him for not celebrating against us.

Ditto.

I said at the time I was sorry to see him go, not because he was the best player ever (although he always tried) but because he made me laugh so much with his celebrations when they were parading the cup around when we won div 3. He was so excited.

Also he always wore interesting boots. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670