M'boro -v- Sheff Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

Anyone else watching this?

Didn't realise Yeates had signed for Boro, he's playing very well and commentators on Sky are raving about him

0-0 at the moment, 40mins gone

Who the **** is Keith Treacy and why do Sheff Utd have someone wearing the number 2 playing as a striker?

Im not happy.

Who the **** is Keith Treacy and why do Sheff Utd have someone wearing the number 2 playing as a striker?

Im not happy.

No idea about Treacy apart from being a former Blackburn player. And no idea about the no.2.

2 former City goalkeepers in Bunn and Coyne playing

How did Lita play :icon_wink

Backed 'Boro, first footy bet of the season lost :icon_sad:

Interesting game, i thought Middlesbrough looked good individually, particularly Johnson, but they played far too patiently to really create much. Also, they played a high defensive line, and did look very vulnerable on the break, they may have soem of the best players, but i couldnt see them challenging for the title on that performance, i think, particuarly at home they will lose too many 1-0 from teams hitting them on the counter in "smash and grab" style wins.

Hard to judge Sheff Utd, as im sure theyd play much more attackingly at home, they did look very organised however, and very strong defensively, looked like they play very direct through-balls as they seemed to lack flair though.

Last edited:
Backed 'Boro, first footy bet of the season lost :icon_sad:
I backed blades, lost as well... going to be a long season..:icon_wink

I thought these were two very average sides along with WBA and Newcastle. Newcastle looked very fragile mentally. :icon_conf

That's something you can tell from one game where they went behind and got a point against what is widely accepted to be one of the league's better sides?

Yes.

Then you must be the world's highest-paid and most sought-after psychoanalyst with quick-fire diagnoses like that. You're a genius, being able to assess people's mental state simply via the medium of television, even drawing conclusions that appear to be contrary to the evidence. Well done sir :038:

Then you must be the world's highest-paid and most sought-after psychoanalyst with quick-fire diagnoses like that. You're a genius, being able to assess people's mental state simply via the medium of television, even drawing conclusions that appear to be contrary to the evidence. Well done sir :038:

Aren't you doing exactly the same thing as you appear to be criticising me for doing? :102: Generally you might find a little less dogmatism helpful. :icon_wink

Aren't you doing exactly the same thing as you appear to be criticising me for doing? :102: Generally you might find a little less dogmatism helpful. :icon_wink

Not understanding this one chap. I'm not the one who appears to be claiming to have the inside track on the mental state of an entire squad of professional footballers whom I've never met. They appeared to do their job sufficiently yesterday. That doesn't mean they're ice cold barbarians ready to rape and pillage their way through this league, but it certainly doesn't suggest to me that they're fragile.

All this from a 1-1 draw involving two teams we don't care about :102:

Boro about to sell Tuncay and Huth to Stoke for a combined fee of 11 million,give them a bit of spending power

I think Tuncay is a quality player and Huth ain't bad for 11miliion that is good businees from Stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566