Megson - First Marshall now Curtis!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Voice From Above

You have to question Megsons knowledge of players and ability in the transfer market. He signed Marshall from us whilst at WBA for £6ook (i think) and now Curtis!!!

These are two of the worst players ever to wear the blue and white of LCFC in recent history in my opinion.

Who next - Junior Lewis?

SHOCKING!!!!

The Voice From Above said:
You have to question Megsons knowledge of players and ability in the transfer market. He signed Marshall from us whilst at WBA for £6ook (i think) and now Curtis!!!

These are two of the worst players ever to wear the blue and white of LCFC in recent history in my opinion.

Who next - Junior Lewis?

SHOCKING!!!!

c.f. http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9075 :wink:

Steven said:

Who next - Junior Lewis?

SHOCKING!!!!

Cheers Steven. I was aware of the other thread on Curtis. This one was intended to provoke discussion around Megson.

Steven said:

Who next - Junior Lewis?

SHOCKING!!!!

Cheers Steven. I was aware of the other thread on Curtis. This one was intended to provoke discussion around Megson.

My apologies. :oops: :roll:

can you remember 2 years ago when man utd played west brom on the opening day, and megson said he'd come down hard on any player wishing to swap a shirt with man utd players. id imagine for most of these players it would of been their first premiership match and come win or lose a shirt would be a good memento of the day you made it big, imo this just promoted himself as a total twat. his excuse was that it would be showing them too much respect, but after the match what does that matter?

fitz said:
can you remember 2 years ago when man utd played west brom on the opening day, and megson said he'd come down hard on any player wishing to swap a shirt with man utd players. id imagine for most of these players it would of been their first premiership match and come win or lose a shirt would be a good memento of the day you made it big, imo this just promoted himself as a total twat. his excuse was that it would be showing them too much respect, but after the match what does that matter?
in the dressing room fine, but i think it was walshy who asked for bergkamps on the final whistle at highbury and I was embarrassed. :oops:
so i can see his point

Hi, new to this board. contribute infrequently to official LCFC site's message board past 3 years or so.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder of Lee Marshall, I'd forgotten all about him, whilst remembering other Peter Taylor dross (how could we forget Junior Lewis!). It reminds us of the depths that Taylor sunk in his signings. The overwhelming majority were atrocious. Not everyone gets it 100% right (MON signed Fenton), but the difference is good managers get it right at least 80% of the time.

By the way, Hull fans are booing Junior Lewis now. It was in a national paper a couple of weeks ago

consty said:
Hi, new to this board. contribute infrequently to official LCFC site's message board past 3 years or so.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder of Lee Marshall, I'd forgotten all about him, whilst remembering other Peter Taylor dross (how could we forget Junior Lewis!). It reminds us of the depths that Taylor sunk in his signings. The overwhelming majority were atrocious. Not everyone gets it 100% right (MON signed Fenton), but the difference is good managers get it right at least 80% of the time.

By the way, Hull fans are booing Junior Lewis now. It was in a national paper a couple of weeks ago

Welcome and it is a good point point but what i dont understand is why PT brought lower league players for attempt to become a top prem club, sure it will work now and again (Malcolm Cristie) but if you are goingto buy them at least give them a chance un like Kevin Ellison

ScarboroughFox said:
it will work now and again (Malcolm Cristie)

Martin O'Neill had him on trial at Filbert Street for a few days, but couldn't decide whether to buy him. He asked for longer to decide, Nuneaton told him to piss off, and the sheep signed him instead. Just shows what a crap manager O'Neill was.....

webmaster said:
ScarboroughFox said:

Martin O'Neill had him on trial at Filbert Street for a few days, but couldn't decide whether to buy him. He asked for longer to decide, Nuneaton told him to piss off, and the sheep signed him instead. Just shows what a crap manager O'Neill was.....

I never knew that!!!! that one slipped through his fingers :shock: :D :shock:

ScarboroughFox said:
webmaster said:
ScarboroughFox said:

I never knew that!!!! that one slipped through his fingers :shock: :D :shock:

Wasnt happy with the 50k transfer fee, said it was too much to gamble! But then when did O'Neill ever sign any of the players he had on trial. Think if ever genuinely wanted he got in there quick.

webmaster said:
ScarboroughFox said:

O'Neil. who was he

step said:
webmaster said:
ScarboroughFox said:

O'Neil. who was he

Jon O'Neil what a great player

Did O'Neill ever make a snap decision on a player? Probably not, there seemed to be a plan of how each new player would fit into O'Neill's system.

SamJ

SamuearlJackson said:
Did O'Neill ever make a snap decision on a player?
SamJ

I think he did during a simple card game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669