Memory Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Vixen

i recently bought a 4gb sdhc memory card for my fujifilm camera, before i bought it i read the reviews and someone with the same camera had this memory card so i bought it on that recommendation however it doesnt work with my camera it wont let me format it and says its not initialised or card protected...any ideas????

I had a similar problem with a different camera.
Pain in the arse.

i recently bought a 4gb sdhc memory card for my fujifilm camera, before i bought it i read the reviews and someone with the same camera had this memory card so i bought it on that recommendation however it doesnt work with my camera it wont let me format it and says its not initialised or card protected...any ideas????

Ive had some real problems with fujifilm cards. had to bin the last one, if you have any pics on it send it to fujifilm along with about 60 quid and they will get them off for you but the card will be properly fecked after that.

Ive had some real problems with fujifilm cards. had to bin the last one, if you have any pics on it send it to fujifilm along with about 60 quid and they will get them off for you but the card will be properly fecked after that.

this isnt a fujifilm card

I assumed her problem was that it wouldn't recognise in the camera in the first place.

The SDHC is a newish format of the SD, allowing faster speeds and higher capacity, SD standard only goes up to 2GB (I think).

What camera model is yours YV? It sounds like it doesn't support the newer format, or alternatively it may only support upto 2GB if it is a compact.

Can you view/format the card via a card reader on a PC?

Last edited:
I assumed her problem was that it wouldn't recognise in the camera in the first place.

The SDHC is a newish format of the SD, allowing faster speeds and higher capacity, SD standard only goes up to 2GB (I think).

What camera model is yours YV? It sounds like it doesn't support the newer format, or alternatively it may only support upto 2GB if it is a compact.

Can you view/format the card via a card reader on a PC?

its an s5800 model and according to the manual/box it supports xd, sd/sdhc memory cards, i bought this particular card because someone with the same camera has this particular card and rated it highly, i put the card into the base unit but nothing happened

YV ... I have just checked the cameras spec to make sure it can cope with a 4gb card, and it can.

My only suggestion is, there is a tiny switch which may be in the locked postion which could be hindering you, if this isn't the case I would return it as faulty.

To give you an idea of what the lock switch looks like, look at the top left area of this picture - You can see the little white switch is not in the locked position. Make sure this is the case with yours.

unbelievable......i tried it locked/unlocked and even went through the instructions in the manual carefully in front of o/h and it still wouldnt do it.....he then tries it the same way i did and its now working..:icon_roll

unbelievable......i tried it locked/unlocked and even went through the instructions in the manual carefully in front of o/h and it still wouldnt do it.....he then tries it the same way i did and its now working..:icon_roll

Nuff said :icon_wink

:081::081::081:

You must have done something to make it work YV....

She did,she gave it to the old man to sort. :icon_lol:

he hasnt shut up about it since although he did say he did exactly what i did, besides im more 'up' on techno stuff than him - honest!!! :icon_lol:

Women and technology........:tumbleweed:

:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572