Mercury last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
So R.K. says we go into the season with what we've got,I know there's no dough, but I had hoped for a new Keeper

Just means I'll be squirming in my seat again this year when the crosses and corners start to rain in.

I'm just very surprised at the faith they have in O'Grady and elvis as the first 2 back-up strikers. I still suspect mdv will play a part if hume or fryatt miss a few games.

glyn said:
I'm just very surprised at the faith they have in O'Grady and elvis as the first 2 back-up strikers. I still suspect mdv will play a part if hume or fryatt miss a few games.

Beggers belief................:102:

What is the problem with O'Grady? Very able back up in my opinion.

Last edited:
pds said:
What is the problem with O'Grady? Very able back up in my opinion.

I have seen too may so called class players coming up throught he ranks over the years, only for them to fail, and I personally cannot see anything any different in CO'G, I would love to be proved wrong though

Boy Genius said:
I have seen too may so called class players coming up throught he ranks over the years, only for them to fail, and I personally cannot see anything any different in CO'G, I would love to be proved wrong though

I wouldn't call him class but I have certainly seen enough potential to give him a chance. He is a far better player already than Tommy Wright ever was or will be, I never understood everyones' love for Wright. I know it was only a Pre-Season friendly but O'Grady was by far the best player aginst Boston and has impressed me every time he has come on as sub.

pds said:
I wouldn't call him class but I have certainly seen enough potential to give him a chance. He is a far better player already than Tommy Wright ever was or will be, I never understood everyones' love for Wright. I know it was only a Pre-Season friendly but O'Grady was by far the best player aginst Boston and has impressed me every time he has come on as sub.

well said he's been vey good when he's come on as sub :038: :038:

O'Grady has done well as a sub. And I'm sure he has potential. My point is that we're putting far too much faith in the kid as first reserve striker. To challenge in this league we need a bit more experience as reserve to Hume/Fryatt. O'Grady hardly scored tons of goals for Rushden after all.

to be honest a back up striker is the least of our problems, who is going to play left midfield!!?!?

pds said:
Tw's name helped him to become a fans favourite more than anything else.

Also RK is hardly gonna come out and say well, "Im still gonna be bringing in 2 o 3 players before the season starts and they will be left midfield a GK and a striker." If he did he would have every club and agent on the phone trying desperately to rip him off with whatever rubbish they were trying to get rid of in those positions. Im not saying he would go for it but i would rather he kept his cards close to his chest than flaunt his potential signings/ideal signings in every interview he went for.

fcukcov said:

Also RK is hardly gonna come out and say well, "Im still gonna be bringing in 2 o 3 players before the season starts and they will be left midfield a GK and a striker." If he did he would have every club and agent on the phone trying desperately to rip him off with whatever rubbish they were trying to get rid of in those positions. Im not saying he would go for it but i would rather he kept his cards close to his chest than flaunt his potential signings/ideal signings in every interview he went for.

:038:

fcukcov said:

As ever - totally spot on.

Exactly. Rumours don't count for anything. Players signing a contract with LCFC is all that counts.

As far as strikers, don't forget about Louis Dodds as well. He was scoring regularly in the reserves and it's been mentioned that he's going to be making the step up.

Unproven, obviously, but from what I've seen of the reserves highlights he knows how to find the back of the net, although he looks a bit lightweight. Hopefully they'll send him out on loan as soon as possible and we'll see how he does... it worked wonders for O'Grady last season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670