Michael Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homer:
He has taken our club to the point of being possibly the dullest most uninspiring clueless pile of shite that we have ever seen (certainly that we have seen at the Walkers, and that is seriously saying something)

What a XI though.

Fulop - Now second choice at Ipswich

Kisnorbo - Permo crock
McCauley - West Brom player incredibly
N'Gotty - Retired
Sheehan - Notts County
Stearman - Comedy act weekly on MOTD

Chambers - Donny constantly injured
Weso - Peterborough's transfer list
Newton - Scrapheap

Fryatt - Hull, cleaning Pearson's trainers
John - Azerbaijan last I heard....:icon_lol:

You were doing well apart from this Hazz, which i feel is a little harsh:018:

Homer:
He has taken our club to the point of being possibly the dullest most uninspiring clueless pile of shite that we have ever seen (certainly that we have seen at the Walkers, and that is seriously saying something)

That was pretty much my opinion of Megson at the time as well, though I didn't post in that post match thread for some reason. Maybe I didn't post as often back then, don't remember.

Last edited:
What a XI though.

Fulop - Now second choice at Ipswich

Kisnorbo - Permo crock
McCauley - West Brom player incredibly
N'Gotty - Retired
Sheehan - Notts County
Stearman - Comedy act weekly on MOTD

Chambers - Donny constantly injured
Weso - Peterborough's transfer list
Newton - Scrapheap

Fryatt - Hull, cleaning Pearson's trainers
John - Azerbaijan last I heard....:icon_lol:

What a ****ing waste of money it was watching the games that season. I'm still pissed off with myself for bothering.

Horrible, horrible season.

There again, I think me and someone else ceased noticing due to the quantity we ended up consuming prior to kick off every game.

Horrible, horrible season.

Although we did manage to beat F!"£$t at their place after giving them a goal start.

Every cloud... etc.

Well send Boc.. I remember watching us at Palace and we were very gOod that day, Marrin Allen got them playing well second half...

Let's just hope he can recapture that form.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....Johnson-play/story-13033995-detail/story.html

Sven-Goran Eriksson tipping Michael Johnson to play for England

Sven-Goran Eriksson believes new Leicester City signing Michael Johnson could still be a future England star.

The City boss reckons Johnson can make the step-up if he recaptures the form he saw when he had the midfielder as a teenager at Manchester City.

Johnson burst on to the scene at City under Stuart Pearce and Eriksson was impressed with the young England Under-19 midfielder when he took over from Pearce at Eastlands in 2007.

However, soon afterwards Johnson suffered an abdominal injury which kept him out until the start of 2008.

He also missed seven months of the following season when the injury re-occurred.

He returned, only to suffer a serious knee injury in December 2009. He was back in training last December and has now been allowed to join City on a season-long loan in a bid to regain his full fitness and match sharpness.

Eriksson said the 23-year-old was one of the brightest talents he had seen and said injury had robbed England of their next midfield star. But he has tipped him to regain his best form at the King Power Stadium.

"He was a great player before his injury, and I strongly believe he still is a great footballer," he said.

"He was 19 when I had him at Manchester City and I always remember one day Didi Hamann came into the office and said he was the best midfielder he had ever played with. Now Didi had played at Liverpool and Bayern Munich, and he still says that to this day.

"He was incredible and what we could see then was this was the next England midfielder, for sure. But then everything went wrong for him.

"He can do everything. He can get box to box, he can score goals and he can shoot, he can see passes and defend. He is a complete footballer.

"He is in between Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, I would say.

"I hope he will be the same for us as he was before."

Johnson was a member of the Manchester City youth team which reached the FA Youth Cup final in 2006 and his early performances earned him two England under-21 caps.

"I am convinced that Michael will be an asset for us this season and will put his injuries behind him," added Eriksson.

"I know that he is going to work hard for us and play well."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670