Mickey's time up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox Fan said:
Alex I assume you were not at the match yesterday. the reason everyone is having this dicussion is because of the way we have played in these first 4 games. Quite frankley MA has told us to expect to be in the top 2 and already were playing like we should be in the top 2 of the relegation zone.

IMO MA has about 10 games or so to prove himself. Even the players know the leauge starts shaping up at that point. MA needs to get more out of these players who on paper are a good side!

Yes i was, for your information, I don't miss many and I agree there have been a few things wrong, but this will not affect our Season IMO, we just need to get a big more luck in front of goal, which we will.

Give Adams a ****ing break. Some fans have been on his back for far too long - if one of you can name a better leader for our club currently then please put the name forward.

PEN3 said:
I'm afraid that Mickey's CV at Leicester does not make for good reading:

1) Lack of judgement in signing players - Hignett, Curtis, Gillespie, Nalis, Howey, Williams, Connolly, Dublin

2) Inadequate use of resources - he may not have had the resources of the richer clubs, but he's managing a side that should draw in crowds of 25,000+ and should therefore be able to put together a side that heads back to the premiership.

3) Lack of man-managment skills . The La Manga incident showed this. Why didn't he ensure that all the players were safely tucked up in bed? If he knew his players as well as a good manager should do the whole incident would not have happened.

4) He has presided over two relegations, and obviously learned very little from his previous experience in the top flight.

5) He has an odd way of motivating his players. Essentially , ' my bunch of free transfers are really crap and we expecet to be relegated'.

6) The football his teams play is boring - long hoofs a la Wimbledon: the Cork and Bassett influence no doubt.

7) An odd policy of recruiting has been who are about to draw their pension. Why not recruit some up and coming youngsters, eg Ashton of Crewe? Why does it have to be Dublin and Keown?

Perhaps Mickey is just a mediocre manager who was out of his depth in the Premiership. A half-decent Manager would have ensured our survival in what is an extremely poor premiership (look at the sides there now -Palace, Pompey, Norwich, WBA, etc etc)

Apart from point 6 and maybe 5 your talking complete crap.

alex said:
Two defeats in a row and now Adams should go?

That's what i love about City fans, not fickle at all, how stupid.

Last time in this league we lost at home to Burnley 1-0 and lost many away games we perhaps on paper should've won, like Gillingham etc, so lets not start losing our frigging heads just yet...

We will beat Wolves Saturday IMO, and follow it by stuffing Brighton on the Monday.

Sorry Alex -but the Wolves fixture looks exactly like one we are going to lose. Unlike you -I will provide reasons for my opinion. The fixture looks ominous because the Wolves have yet to win a game and will be up for it this time; because we are playing with no confidence; because everyone now sees us as vulnerable; because we never have a settled side; because if we take a lead we don't know how to defend it; because if we are losing we don't have a plan B. Apart from that -everything's fine!

I agree with you we will beat Brighton.

All those who agree with pen3 please list any managers they suggest could have done a better job than micky adams. I swear some people think this league is going to be an easy way back into the premiership. We have only played 4 games people!!!

Redditch Fox said:
alex said:

Last time in this league we lost at home to Burnley 1-0 and lost many away games we perhaps on paper should've won, like Gillingham etc, so lets not start losing our frigging heads just yet...

We will beat Wolves Saturday IMO, and follow it by stuffing Brighton on the Monday.

Sorry Alex -but the Wolves fixture looks exactly like one we are going to lose. Unlike you -I will provide reasons for my opinion. The fixture looks ominous because the Wolves have yet to win a game and will be up for it this time; because we are playing with no confidence; because everyone now sees us as vulnerable; because we never have a settled side; because if we take a lead we don't know how to defend it; because if we are losing we don't have a plan B. Apart from that -everything's fine!

So sorry not to provide adequate reasons.

I think we will beat Wolves as we got embarrassed there last year, MA will get the players up for it (IMO), we have Dublin back who I think will make a real difference (IMO) and because our luck must change (IMO).

OK?

Alex Wrote
I think we will beat Wolves as we got embarrassed there last year, MA will get the players up for it (IMO), we have Dublin back who I think will make a real difference (IMO) and because our luck must change (IMO).

OK?[/quote]

Why will MA motivate the players for this match anymore than what he should have done for the last two. He didnt seem to inspire much of a performance against Millwall when he has Dennis to use as inspiration and then yesterday following against Watford he couldnt the team to bounce back with much of a performance. This is my concern with MA at present he doesnt seem to be able to get a response out of the players at present.

Keep the Faith said:
Alex Wrote

OK?

Why will MA motivate the players for this match anymore than what he should have done for the last two. He didnt seem to inspire much of a performance against Millwall when he has Dennis to use as inspiration and then yesterday following against Watford he couldnt the team to bounce back with much of a performance. This is my concern with MA at present he doesnt seem to be able to get a response out of the players at present.[/quote]

I think MA has lost the dressing room. :wink:

beaumontfox said:
slyfox said:
and my final point is this 3 subs on in virtually 1 go,gees we all new this was going to back fire

just to point out that he put all three subs on at once against Derby and no one complained cos we won.

Quite - they're fickle some of them...

The thing is, obviously we all have the right to opinion, but I strongly suspect we could lose MA to Southampton when Sturrock gets the boot - and you watch what happens then...just watch, we'll get a 'fans fave' maybe like Walsh with Basset, and it'll be another 10 years of mediocrity.

Steven said:
Keep the Faith said:
Alex Wrote

OK?

Why will MA motivate the players for this match anymore than what he should have done for the last two. He didnt seem to inspire much of a performance against Millwall when he has Dennis to use as inspiration and then yesterday following against Watford he couldnt the team to bounce back with much of a performance. This is my concern with MA at present he doesnt seem to be able to get a response out of the players at present.

I think MA has lost the dressing room. :wink:[/quote]

Muppet, down the tunnel on the right hand side...

alex said:
beaumontfox said:
slyfox said:
and my final point is this 3 subs on in virtually 1 go,gees we all new this was going to back fire

just to point out that he put all three subs on at once against Derby and no one complained cos we won.

Quite - they're fickle some of them...

The thing is, obviously we all have the right to opinion, but I strongly suspect we could lose MA to Southampton when Sturrock gets the boot - and you watch what happens then...just watch, we'll get a 'fans fave' maybe like Walsh with Basset, and it'll be another 10 years of mediocrity.

Well, I'm not in favour of MA going - at the moment - but relegation from the Prem & 19th in the so called championship feels a bit like mediocrity already.

I can't see Southampton wanting him now - 12 months ago maybe but he has not got a current track record & I assume that Lowe wants to bring in Hoddle or a foreign coach anyway.

As to a 'fans fave' I would have thought that was Micky's main asset but I agree that there is no obvious better than Adams successor.

alex said:
Redditch Fox said:
alex said:

So sorry not to provide adequate reasons.

OK?

I have seen you post slightly more convincing stuff than the above Alex!

beaumontfox said:
slyfox said:

Yes but how many times has he made substitutions and it has cost us matches, the point is MA does concern me when it comes to making substitiutions, some managers seem to have a knack of making a change either in personnel or tactically that seems to change the game in their favour, very rarely have I witnessed MA displaying that quality. I like MA but on the evidence of last season and the first four games of this new campaign he may well have took us as far as he can. But i still believe he should be given more time and hopefully this will be a blip and MA will learn from this and improve but as they say the jury is still out, but I will support the team and MA all the way. It is just starting to raise doubts in my mind as to whether MA is really up to the job.

alex said:

Too soon to be critical after two defeats in a row?". Don't you count last season's defeats? What bothered me about last season was not getting relegated but the management's failure to steer us through to success from winning positions.

We weren't the worst team we just donated points through what seemed like a lack of tactical acumen and a good many managers would never have survived that indignity. Leicester's "fickle fans" were in fact, so reasonable, that they accepted MA building another side to take us straight back.

Let me ask why should "fickle" fans accept their team almost continually losing or underperforming at home over nearly 12 months.

Why should "fickle" fans accept their "championship contenders" failing to score in three of their opening four games of the season, including 180 minutes at home.

What should "fickle" fans accept a man who presides over the unprecedented besmirching of his club's name in a place where his charges are supposed to be guests. They did and they deserve better reward than they've had so far as a result.

Can any of the MA apologists show me any evidence that - after a considerable period in charge during which time he has had the overwhelming support of City's "fickle fans" through thick and thin - that City now have a team of genuine promise, of genuine style, of genuine character such as we have had in relatively recent past.

If so, I will truly rejoice and enjoy the show. If not I don't want to listen to aftermatch diatribe from a manager saying what we must do or need to do next week.

I don't want to listen to fans saying what we are going to do to Wolves/Brighton et al tomorrow because I've already heard what we were going to do to West Ham, Millwall and Watford and it didn't happen.

If MA, and his lieutenants don't have the wisdom, the skill, the passion, the craftiness, or even the simple good luck to turn their players into a winning team then, were I in their position, I would give someone else a chance.

The Leicester manager needs to be uncompromising, tactically astute and should understand that Leicester teams have an attacking tradition and don't go into a brainless retreat should they happen to take a lead.

He should develop exciting young players around a solid core of experience so the team would have speed, energy and vitality. The shrewd sale of such youngsters would fund further development and we would gradually return permananently to where we belong. If MA can do that, fine.

If not, and I hope I'm proved wrong, I certainly don't see the point in carrying on in the direction we're going now, which is six points off the pace after four games and falling. One fan insists we can lose 13 games and still go up but me, I'm sick of losing already and, besides, I don't believe him.

Tony Elsby said:
alex said:

Totally agree with you Tony - I have bben one of MA strongest supporters but this season there can be no excuses, we have a good blend of youth and experience, a good mix of players who can play and battle if required yet at present we are being beaten by the likes of Millwall and Watford, the difference 2 seasons ago was when we did lose against a Burnley or Gillingham the following week we would bounce back and go on a little run. This season at present i cannot see that happening and add to that the fact we were bloody lucky to beat the sheep and we could have been at the bottom with one point. We must look at the likes of Derby who came down had some dodgy results in the first season and look where they ended up. Give Adams till October and lets see. Just remember though all those fans who blame Taylor for the whole relegation campaign he only had 8 games so if that is the case how long does MA get before our season is over.

Too soon to be critical after two defeats in a row?". Don't you count last season's defeats? What bothered me about last season was not getting relegated but the management's failure to steer us through to success from winning positions.

We weren't the worst team we just donated points through what seemed like a lack of tactical acumen and a good many managers would never have survived that indignity. Leicester's "fickle fans" were in fact, so reasonable, that they accepted MA building another side to take us straight back.

Let me ask why should "fickle" fans accept their team almost continually losing or underperforming at home over nearly 12 months.

Why should "fickle" fans accept their "championship contenders" failing to score in three of their opening four games of the season, including 180 minutes at home.

What should "fickle" fans accept a man who presides over the unprecedented besmirching of his club's name in a place where his charges are supposed to be guests. They did and they deserve better reward than they've had so far as a result.

Can any of the MA apologists show me any evidence that - after a considerable period in charge during which time he has had the overwhelming support of City's "fickle fans" through thick and thin - that City now have a team of genuine promise, of genuine style, of genuine character such as we have had in relatively recent past.

If so, I will truly rejoice and enjoy the show. If not I don't want to listen to aftermatch diatribe from a manager saying what we must do or need to do next week.

I don't want to listen to fans saying what we are going to do to Wolves/Brighton et al tomorrow because I've already heard what we were going to do to West Ham, Millwall and Watford and it didn't happen.

If MA, and his lieutenants don't have the wisdom, the skill, the passion, the craftiness, or even the simple good luck to turn their players into a winning team then, were I in their position, I would give someone else a chance.

The Leicester manager needs to be uncompromising, tactically astute and should understand that Leicester teams have an attacking tradition and don't go into a brainless retreat should they happen to take a lead.

He should develop exciting young players around a solid core of experience so the team would have speed, energy and vitality. The shrewd sale of such youngsters would fund further development and we would gradually return permananently to where we belong. If MA can do that, fine.

If not, and I hope I'm proved wrong, I certainly don't see the point in carrying on in the direction we're going now, which is six points off the pace after four games and falling. One fan insists we can lose 13 games and still go up but me, I'm sick of losing already and, besides, I don't believe him.

Tony Elsby said:

The manager is very limited to what he can do to influence a team once they cross the line, from what you are saying Micky should magicly be able to prevent players like scowcroft/curtis etc miss kicking a ball. Considering we were made up of not wanted players from 2nd rate clubs, maybe just maybe Micky had made the players already over achieve by getting into that winning position.

Tony Elsby said:

No we weren't the worst team, we were the third worst team.

Tony Elsby said:

The team was made up of has beens and never has beens, like i said maybe we overachieved considering finances and players brought in. 90% of fans thought we would go straight back down, so did the pundits and so did the bookies, so how exactly is going down under performing??? Maybe it was the fact Adams made them play quite well every now and again that raised your hopes from relegation to survival.

I can't even be bothered to answer your other points, the fans of this club are an absolute joke. Ok everything aint rosey at the minute and things need adjusting, but is anything ever rosey at many clubs. To be even suggesting a replacement of a manager after FOUR games is complete and utter madness. Players dont even get a chance to get use to playing with each other.

Should Adams get the sack i expect all of you to back the next manager 100% for the rest of the season. Or will you just turn on him again like you did Oneil when he first came if things dont start off to well. I think i know what you will be doing.

Fickle Hypocrits with dillusions of grandure sums up 80% of Leicester fans.

People need to snap out of trying to compare every manager we get to MON, the guy was a one of for this club. Just like Brian Clough was for forest. You can't go around sacking a manager just because he can't achieve what your greatest manager did.

Babylon said:
Tony Elsby said:

The manager is very limited to what he can do to influence a team once they cross the line, from what you are saying Micky should magicly be able to prevent players like scowcroft/curtis etc miss kicking a ball. Considering we were made up of not wanted players from 2nd rate clubs, maybe just maybe Micky had made the players already over achieve by getting into that winning position.

Tony Elsby said:

No we weren't the worst team, we were the third worst team.

Tony Elsby said:

The team was made up of has beens and never has beens, like i said maybe we overachieved considering finances and players brought in. 90% of fans thought we would go straight back down, so did the pundits and so did the bookies, so how exactly is going down under performing??? Maybe it was the fact Adams made them play quite well every now and again that raised your hopes from relegation to survival.

I can't even be bothered to answer your other points, the fans of this club are an absolute joke. Ok everything aint rosey at the minute and things need adjusting, but is anything ever rosey at many clubs. To be even suggesting a replacement of a manager after FOUR games is complete and utter madness. Players dont even get a chance to get use to playing with each other.

Should Adams get the sack i expect all of you to back the next manager 100% for the rest of the season. Or will you just turn on him again like you did Oneil when he first came if things dont start off to well. I think i know what you will be doing.

Fickle Hypocrits with dillusions of grandure sums up 80% of Leicester fans.

People need to snap out of trying to compare every manager we get to MON, the guy was a one of for this club. Just like Brian Clough was for forest. You can't go around sacking a manager just because he can't achieve what your greatest manager did.

I understand your sentiments Babylon but i think its unfair to slag everybody off, football is about opinions some will think that its just a matter of time before the team does gel whilst others want a change. Personally i am a fan of MA but i have to say the performances so far this season have been unacceptable, people are getting fustrated,last season was a mare losing nearly every week but we all stood by the team like we will all this season win lose or draw but after a disappointing home defeat to a team who at best will finish mid table is sickening so everyone is letting off steam, truth is we probably all want us to romp the league just to avoid a stressful last few weeks of the season, trouble is poor results and performances will always lead to questions being asked and I for one am just starting to question MA, but like I keep saying lets judge in October and hopefully by then we might have gone on a 10 match unbeaten run and panic will be over.

Like every other City fan, I want to see us winning matches and promotion. To be honest, we are a bottom 5 premiership side or a top three fizzy league side. I believe this league is so poor, that anything other than a top three finish for us would be a disaster. Mickey is a decent enough bloke but I just wonder how much he contributed to the points were lost last year (and the year before that!) in the last few minutes of the game. I just don't think he instilled any confidence into the team, and they themselves therefore were always resigned to losing goals right at the death. I can't see what progress we have made since Taylor left. I appreciate the financial problems, but the Walker's Stadium has been packed most of the time, so we are better placed than say Ipswich or Sunderland. I don't want him to go, but if he does may I suggest Gordon Strachan. He should have been appointed after Taylor left - he was available as he had left Cov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669